Biggest fear for the new year?

Yeah me too. I'd really like to think they'll improve. Moss especially in just the consistency department. We had players like Gatens and Marble improve as they became upper classman so if Moss does we should be in a lot better shape. Cook doesn't need to improve his game a ton (offensively anyway) for him to be effective. Defensively the whole team needs to not only improve but play a different style... So I think the coaches will have a lot to do with that part of things

I would like to see us play some 1 - 3 - 1 on defense

I would like to see us play some 1 - 3 - 1 on defense
We have the length for it. But teams kill us on the baseline and with alley oop type passes over the top when we rely on it too much.

The person on the top it it has to be athletic enough to cut off a lot of passing lanes.

The person on the back end is responsible for a lot as well.

When properly executed by the proper personnel it can create havoc-and a ton of turnovers.

We have the length for it. But teams kill us on the baseline and with alley oop type passes over the top when we rely on it too much.

The person on the top it it has to be athletic enough to cut off a lot of passing lanes.

The person on the back end is responsible for a lot as well.

When properly executed by the proper personnel it can create havoc-and a ton of turnovers.

just what the doctor ordered!

My biggest fear is that Iowa goes undefeated making Fran look like a great coach and Gary Barta look like a genius for locking Fran up. Recruitment will pick up because we are winning. Then what would half the people here complain about?

LMAO!!!!

I would love to eat that kind of crow!!!

All I want is for the basketball team and football team to truly show more consistency in legitimately competing for conference titles. Looking up Wisconsin’s and Northwestern’s pieholes in football should never be acceptable to anyone.

Why does it take a crap season for Fran to finally address defensive issues? He gets paid millions of dollars every season to teach this stuff.

Greatest fear is we sustain a few injuries, we miss a great opportunity for a wonderful year and losing to the likes of ISU, NW, South Dakota, etc.

That being said, here would be my hope:
We play a full court, smothering defense. We run teams into the ground and late in the second half, when teams are dying, we have used our full arsenal of guys off the bench to blow teams out. I don't know a competitor who wouldnt want to see or play for a UNLV or Tom Davis type press and fast break offense. How the heck are you going to energize CHA if we still do status quo.

Greatest fear is we sustain a few injuries, we miss a great opportunity for a wonderful year and losing to the likes of ISU, NW, South Dakota, etc.

That being said, here would be my hope:
We play a full court, smothering defense. We run teams into the ground and late in the second half, when teams are dying, we have used our full arsenal of guys off the bench to blow teams out. I don't know a competitor who wouldnt want to see or play for a UNLV or Tom Davis type press and fast break offense. How the heck are you going to energize CHA if we still do status quo.
One could only hope.

There nothing wrong with that style of ball when you have the guards and athletes to do it. Let's bring back the ghost of Cleveland State's Kevin Mackey and stock our roster with guys like Clinton Ransey, Clinton Smith, Steve Corbin and Mouse McFadden and the BIG will have no idea what to do with us (and most of the conference wouldn't with that bunch.)

In reality however, we aren't athletic enough to play that style. We would throw the ball over over the place. Many of our bigs wouldn't be able to keep up. We were more athletic just two and a half years ago when we had Uhl at his best along with Jok, Sapp, Gesell and Christian Williams. We were ranked fourth in the nation at one stage and had swept MSU and Purdue before January even ended.

My fear is that FM tries to play an 11 man rotation again. Even if Cook leaves we will bring Pemsl and Nunge back plus add Touissant, PMac, and CJFred. We seemed a lot more effective with a 9 man rotation. Someone or multiple need to sit.