Biggest fear for the new year?

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Mine: Tyler Cook, trying to impress the NBA coaches, starts launching 3's and long 2's, and ends up missing alot of shots, giving away possessions. Yours?

Mine: Tyler Cook, trying to impress the NBA coaches, starts launching 3's and long 2's, and ends up missing alot of shots, giving away possessions. Yours?

TC started shooting more jump shots last year, 8-15 footers. I didn't feel that he made a high percentage of them but I look for a big improvement on them this year and I think you're right that he will try to extend his range and shoot more 15-20 foot shots. I think the defense is going to have to honor Tyler's shot and come out and guard him to 15 foot. This should open things up for Luka a little more

My biggest fear is that Iowa goes undefeated making Fran look like a great coach and Gary Barta look like a genius for locking Fran up. Recruitment will pick up because we are winning. Then what would half the people here complain about?
I'll start by complaining about the fact that you snorted up all of the drugs and didn't share. You're high AF.

My biggest fear is that Iowa goes undefeated making Fran look like a great coach and Gary Barta look like a genius for locking Fran up. Recruitment will pick up because we are winning. Then what would half the people here complain about?
I know it’s crazy, you’d think after having one of the worst years in school history (in conference) and getting embarrassed on several occasions this fan base would be more happy and optimistic. If there was ever a time to complain about things, it certainly wouldn’t be right now.

I'm not worried about Cook launching 3s recklessly. I pretty sure the NBA people were more focused on defense, rebounding, and hitting the 15-18 footer consistently. He does that and he's a second round pick.

My biggest fear is how Fran uses his rotations. I've always thought you could play 8-9 and allocate your minutes accordingly. There may be games where foul trouble, match-ups may dictate playing more, but it's tough if he wants to get 11 players in the mix. Use a redshirt on Pemsl or Kreiner if necessary. I know it's tough to tell kids that...but I have a feeling Garza, Nunge, and Weiskamp are taking alot more minutes this year. You have to shirt someone.

Last edited:
That either Fran, Kirk, or the AD leave Iowa...

Would it be illogical to say my greatest joy would be if they all left? En masse?

That Sherman Dillard wears this for a nationally televised game
thumb.aspx

Wait, never mind. I thought this was the greatest wish thread.

That we are in the "semi-finals" for that 4K (or whatever) tournament...without having first beaten the two previous opponents on the schedule. With this team, there are no guarantees. I mean, how stupid would it look to show up in NYC for a tournament semi-final...having lost the two previous games that are, ostensibly, "part of the tournament"?

Not signing talent for next class.

Team has ability to be better next year by effort alone............... That is my second fear. Seeing the same amount of effort from last year.

If Cook and Moss are who they are at this point.
Yeah me too. I'd really like to think they'll improve. Moss especially in just the consistency department. We had players like Gatens and Marble improve as they became upper classman so if Moss does we should be in a lot better shape. Cook doesn't need to improve his game a ton (offensively anyway) for him to be effective. Defensively the whole team needs to not only improve but play a different style... So I think the coaches will have a lot to do with that part of things