Big XII should stay at 12: Add Boise State, BYU and Colorado State

I think Houston would be a natural now that TCU is going to the Big East. I think Colorado St or Air Force could be an option to get them back into the Colorado market. Boise St would only add value in football, but really no tv market value so doesn't make a lot of sense.

The Big 12 needs to just realize that no matter what they do, they are going to poached. The Big 12 and Big East are biding their time until they both end up gobbled up by the stronger conferences. I wanted to call into Miller and Brinson today about this but got home before I could, but here is the main issue. Yes, the Big 12 can survive with only 9, hell, they could survive with 8. That isn't the issue however, the issue, is other conferences grabbing teams.

First, before we get to the whole 14 team issue, we have to look at the ACC. The rumors so far support the fact that the SEC is going to raid the ACC and take a team to get them to an even 14 teams. Florida St and Va Tech are the leading candidates. Either way, the ACC won't allow themselves to be short a team and give up their championship game, so the ACC is automatically going to raid the Big East for a team to get back to 12.

The bigger issue is going to be the other conferences, the Pac 12 and the B1G. With the SEC arming up at 14 teams it is only a matter of time before they follow suit. That means at least four more teams are going to get poached and that is not even including the fact that maybe the ACC or Big East tries to land more teams to get proactive. The Big 12 is going to become a proverbial buffet line for the other conferences. On paper, they may be able to survive as a nine or eight team conference, but the other conferences won't allow it to happen.

It will be fun to watch. I wonder if the Big 10 Commis even answers his phone any more because he knows it is the Missouri AD calling again.

It will be fun to watch. I wonder if the Big 10 Commis even answers his phone any more because he knows it is the Missouri AD calling again.

LOL. How many Big Ten chickens did Missouri have counted last year before they dropped that basket?

Latest posts