BIG Upsets This Weekend

Hawk1960

Five B1G head-to-head match ups this week. Which team do you think has the best chance of pulling an upset? I'll go with Minny.

Illinois over Nebby (Huskers favored by 21)
Minnesota over Michigan (Wolverines favored by 13)
NW over Penn State (PSU favored by 10)
Maryland over Indiana (Hoosiers favored by 4)
Purdue over Iowa (Hawks favored by 9)

I wouldnt call Maryland vs. Indiana an upset either way because neither is expected to make a run at the east div title.

Minny is definitely the easiest choice... but their offense is so one dimensional and Hoke knows if he loses this game he is likely gone. I think michigan takes care of business and I think the Illini pull out a big upset over Nebraska. that would be bad for the Big 10 but Nebby might overlook Illinois and play like crap

I like Maryland the most. As much as Michigan is struggling their defense is still pretty good.

Minny is definitely the easiest choice... but their offense is so one dimensional and Hoke knows if he loses this game he is likely gone. I think michigan takes care of business and I think the Illini pull out a big upset over Nebraska. that would be bad for the Big 10 but Nebby might overlook Illinois and play like crap

There is a reason Nebby is 7th in the country for Rushing. His name is Abdullah. I watched last weekend. He is pretty amazing. Not sure our boys can stop him come November, but I still think we will have a chance to win if we continue to become efficient at passing and I mean passing long.

Minny but a very close 2nd is Purdue -- JR starts, it's Ball State / ISU close and who knows? CJB starts and it's, first start, on the road, without the full public support of your coach. Their due for a "turn the corner" win and Iowa is always willing to play the victim of someone's 15 minutes of fame. They took care of business vs their ranked FCS team; Hawks nearly crapped their drawers against UNI.

Have you guys so confidently picking Minney to win, seen their offense this year? They literally, with stats to prove, CANNOT pass.
They are pretty awful. If Michigan can slow their run game UM will win. If Michigan is SO bad as to not be able to stop what they know is coming, then they need to drop their program.

Have you guys so confidently picking Minney to win, seen their offense this year? They literally, with stats to prove, CANNOT pass.
They are pretty awful. If Michigan can slow their run game UM will win. If Michigan is SO bad as to not be able to stop what they know is coming, then they need to drop their program.

Michigan couldn't score on Vodka Samm

Def Coord Greg Mattison and HC Brady Hoke were really going after each other on the sidelines in the first half of that Utah game. Not a good sign.

That's not as bad of a sign as the play of his team on the field. He's done.

There is a reason Nebby is 7th in the country for Rushing. His name is Abdullah. I watched last weekend. He is pretty amazing. Not sure our boys can stop him come November, but I still think we will have a chance to win if we continue to become efficient at passing and I mean passing long.

That ISIS member is nothing special. They have played nothing but a bunch of stiffs. Wait until he faces a salty Bo Bowers with some more seat time by years end.

Def Coord Greg Mattison and HC Brady Hoke were really going after each other on the sidelines in the first half of that Utah game. Not a good sign.

Did you know that Greg Mattison's son, Bryan, used to play for Iowa? If I'm not mistaken, that should make Bryan about 3rd in line for the next Michigan coaching job.

Maryland or Purdue would be the most likely upsets especially against the spread. Iowa has not played a complete four quarter game in all three phases this year and were lucky last week that the Pitt catch in the endzone was barely out of bounds erasing a TD.

Maryland or Purdue would be the most likely upsets especially against the spread. Iowa has not played a complete four quarter game in all three phases this year and were lucky last week that the Pitt catch in the endzone was barely out of bounds erasing a TD.

"Barely" out of bounds? And on that play, the most pitiful, b.s. call was made against Des King.

"Barely" out of bounds? And on that play, the most pitiful, b.s. call was made against Des King.

It was clearly out but only by a foot or so. Bad call on King for sure. One foot shorter on that pass and Pitt is tied with the ball in FG range at the end.
Also, it wasn't listed but I wonder about the Cincy/OSU game today. Perhaps Cincy might upset the bucks.

Talk about your bulletin board material for Nebby.. Abdullah is ISIS.. Abdullah is definitely NOT ISIS...

Last edited:

Latest posts