Big upcoming weekend nationally

okieviaiowa

Banned
Sunday am things will be difft on the national landscape:

1) TCU @ OKIE STATE .... think OSU will be focused after losing 42-0 last year to TCU?

2) LSU @ ALABAMA ... Bama favored by six pts ... as a HC in the SEC Saban's teams have won 75% off a bye week

3) FSU @ CLEMSON ... Clemson has played a much tougher schedule and lost the three yrs to FSU

Gut says TCU, LSU and FSU lose ....

Moving on up....

Lol, sounds like the "Jeffersons" show.

Seriously though this upcoming game against Indiana could be the one that could be trouble as it's possible that Indy has the best offense we have faced this year. I remember the one game against them and being a heavy favorite and how they were handling us until that freak pinball play that went ninty yards for a touchdown. That play totally changed the momentum of that game but until that point we were playing like we were dead.

I hope we come out on fire and carry it on through the entire game.

I think TCU beats Oklahoma State. As much as I hate Alabama they seem to play well against LSU and I don't expect anything different this time around. My wife is an LSU fan and will be hoping I am wrong. I just can't find myself cheering for Bama under any circumstance unless they are playing Duke in basketball.

I'm torn on the LSU/Alabama one in who I want to see win it. One side of me thinks it is a good idea to have LSU run the table as there will be a SEC team in the playoffs no matter what, while the other would like to see Alabama win hoping it creates a mess in the SEC. LSU still has to play Ole Miss while Alabama still plays at MissSt and at Auburn (rivalry game).

here are the top 25 games along with time and TV channel...BIG day of football!

(9)Notre Dame at Pittsburgh 11:00 am ABC / espn3

Vanderbilt at (12)Florida 11:00 am ESPN / WatchESPN

(8)Stanford at Colorado 12:00 pm PAC-12 Network / PAC-12 Video

Arkansas at (19)Ole Miss 2:30 pm CBS / CBS Video

Cincinnati at (18)Houston 2:30 pm ESPN2 / WatchESPN

(15)Florida State at (5)Clemson 2:30 pm ABC / espn3

(11)Iowa at Indiana 2:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN

(3)TCU at (10)Oklahoma State 2:30 pm FOX / FS Go Video

Wisconsin at Maryland 2:30 pm BTN / BTN2Go Video

Iowa State at (13)Oklahoma 6:00 pm ESPNU / WatchESPN

(6)Michigan State at Nebraska 6:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN

(14)Utah at Washington 6:30 pm FOX / FS Go Video

(4)LSU at (7)Alabama 7:00 pm CBS / CBS Video

Minnesota at (1)Ohio State 7:00 pm ABC / espn3

Pitt ND could be big for Iowa. Winner of TCU Ok St doesn't seem to matter much because the winner will be ahead of a Victorious IA, the loser probably not. TCU, Bayl, Ok st and Ok will likely take care of each other just like Ia, MSU, OSU will.

here are the top 25 games along with time and TV channel...BIG day of football!

(9)Notre Dame at Pittsburgh 11:00 am ABC / espn3

(11)Iowa at Indiana 2:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN

Wisconsin at Maryland 2:30 pm BTN / BTN2Go Video

Iowa State at (13)Oklahoma 6:00 pm ESPNU / WatchESPN

(6)Michigan State at Nebraska 6:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN

Minnesota at (1)Ohio State 7:00 pm ABC / espn3

Thanks for posting this, I removed some of the games that were not that relevant to Iowa

Pitt beating ND would be huge for Iowa's SOS.

Iowa at Indiana, of course the MAIN game for us.

If Maryland was to beat Wisconsin it would almost clinch the West for Iowa.

Ok, so no way ISU wins at Oklahoma....but whatever, they did beat Texas and Texas lost to Oklahoma at least that is what I hear the ISU folks talking about.

MSU at Nebraska, this might not be as predictable as one might think. Both teams share a game where they both struggled against Purdue. MSU almost lost to them on their home field while Nebraska got beat at Purdue. It is a home game for Nebraska and, hopefully, they will show up for this game. I don't like the idea that MSU could get picked for the Rose Bowl over Iowa in the event Iowa loses the BTC.

Hopefully Minnesota can put the loss against Michigan behind them. With Barrett suspended for this game Ohio State could be vulnerable. Both NIU and Maryland went into the horseshoe and put a scare into the Buckeyes.

Lol, sounds like the "Jeffersons" show.

Seriously though this upcoming game against Indiana could be the one that could be trouble as it's possible that Indy has the best offense we have faced this year. I remember the one game against them and being a heavy favorite and how they were handling us until that freak pinball play that went ninty yards for a touchdown. That play totally changed the momentum of that game but until that point we were playing like we were dead.

I hope we come out on fire and carry it on through the entire game.

I think TCU beats Oklahoma State. As much as I hate Alabama they seem to play well against LSU and I don't expect anything different this time around. My wife is an LSU fan and will be hoping I am wrong. I just can't find myself cheering for Bama under any circumstance unless they are playing Duke in basketball.

giphy.gif

I'm torn on the LSU/Alabama one in who I want to see win it. One side of me thinks it is a good idea to have LSU run the table as there will be a SEC team in the playoffs no matter what, while the other would like to see Alabama win hoping it creates a mess in the SEC. LSU still has to play Ole Miss while Alabama still plays at MissSt and at Auburn (rivalry game).

I want to see things go to complete sh!t for the SEC, and watch the nation media and the playoff committee bail out the SEC. I hope LSU beats Bama, and loses to Ole Miss who then goes to the SEC championship game. Then beats a 1 loss Florida. Then everyone is going to know that the media, and this playoff committee is full of sh!t. You will have some of them saying a 2 loss Ole Miss deserved to be in, and others that a 1 loss LSU who lost to Ole Miss, who didn't even play in its conference championship deserves it. That will be much watch TV.

TCU vs OK St. Fraud vs Fraud.

If we are to be honest here, TCU, Baylor, ok st, MSU and Iowa are all fighting for fraudulent admission to the big show. Of that group, Iowa is the least popular,has the best resume and possibly ...the best of the group. With that said, no one is real scary.

I want Bama to lose if LSU loses there's a good chance that they only drop to 9th or 10th. The same is possible for TCU. As bad as I'd like to see Pitt over ND its never going to happen.

I'm going with LSU on that one just so we all can witness how the media spins a 2-loss Alabama into the playoff scenario. And to make them go away...'cause you're right, there will be an $EC team there at the finish, we don't need an argument for 2.

Now if we were still shadowed by "old Kirk" coaching, we would be out of contention and thus I would root for Bama just to see a clusterbunch in the $EC

... That play totally changed the momentum of that game but until that point we were playing like we were dead.
Actually "Undead and Unbeaten" <LOL> Got to agree, this is the most dangerous game the Hawks play. As each game will be through the rest of the season and beyond. Someone said it here - With the Hawks eyeing the NC, every game is a "sudden death" playoff game for them now. There is SO much on the line.

I keep thinking of how McGloin carved up the Hawks in Kinnick in 2012. He hit every seam in the zones. Is Sudfeld that good? How are the IU receivers? Can they run those routes?

Latest posts