BIG Two

HawkForce

I see UM's & OSU's recruiting class and then look at the rest of the conference...and cannot help but think that the BIG two is back. It's going to VERY hard for anyone in the conference to compete with those two programs. They're on a different level from everyone else.

For everyone who says the Big Ten conference needs Michigan to be good, well, I guess you'll get your wish. Never made much sense to me.

Well, let's hope the staff changes really make a difference. After the new facility is complete, there will be no excuses for not recruiting well.

The talent gap is widening significantly...

ha! i knew it wouldn't take long for you to chime in.

i've seen osu's classes under tressel. i wouldn't describe them as 'untalented'.

even richrod brough in a bunch of 'talented' guys - problem wasn't with the ability, it was with his coaching, and specifically on defense.

They are off to a great start and I expect it to continue. Texas does the same thing every year. Last year they were 8-5 and the year before 5-7. There is still hope for the other teams.

In the 10 years prior to this year's Big Ten football title game era, there was just one year, 2001, where Michigan or Ohio State didn't win at least a share of the Big Ten title.

Ohio State won six straight, which had never been done.

So exactly what is going to change?

In the 10 years prior to this year's Big Ten football title game era, there was just one year, 2001, where Michigan or Ohio State didn't win at least a share of the Big Ten title.

Ohio State won six straight, which had never been done.

So exactly what is going to change?

Shared titles.

Please, just stop.

Here are OSU and Michigan's Scout.com recruiting class rankings nationally over the past several years:

2012: O 3, M 4
2011: O 6, M 29
2010: M 12, O 20
2009: O 1, M 14
2008: O 4, M 6
2007: M 10, O 16
2006: M 9, O 13
2005: M 2, O 7

8yr average national rank:

Ohio State: 8.75
Michigan: 10.75

This isn't new

Please, just stop.

Here are OSU and Michigan's Scout.com recruiting class rankings nationally over the past several years:

2012: O 3, M 4
2011: O 6, M 29
2010: M 12, O 20
2009: O 1, M 14
2008: O 4, M 6
2007: M 10, O 16
2006: M 9, O 13
2005: M 2, O 7

8yr average national rank:

Ohio State: 8.75
Michigan: 10.75

This isn't new

exactly. when you recruit at a high level to begin with, the curve levels off quite a bit regarding increasing that number. it's no secret that they have both recruited well for a long time, and will only continue to do so. the big difference is what the coaching staffs can do with said recruits.

never mind that most of the talent in Michigan and Ohio grow up hoping to play for either Michigan or Ohio State. There is so much talent over there that schools like Iowa pick off leftovers and turn them into really good football players.

I just dont see anyone besides those two winning titles any time soon...I fear Iowa, Wisconsin, and michigan states day in the sun is over.

Very arrogant statement, even for you.

Must be nice to root for a team that has NCAA violations, a coach that lied and tried to cover it up but then just go out and pull Urban Meyer out of "retirement".

Ohio is ripe with D1 athletes and at Ohio State you are only up against Michigan in NW part of Ohio. The leftovers are pretty damn good in fact Cincinnati has done well and they practically make up an entire mid major conference (MAC).

Latest posts