BIG TEN VS....URBANNNNNN MEYER

If Urban didn't act like such a arrogant ******* all the time this probably wouldn't be such a big deal....I think his overall demeanor just rubs others the wrong way.

I don't care for him, but I sure as hell would let him coach my team.

Great thought. If Urban Meyer were the coach at IOWA, Cedric Everson, City Boyz, the Credit Card Twins, Coker and several others would still be at IOWA, or would have stayed four years. Pierre Pierce, with URb's help, wouldn't have to miss a season.

Here is shining example of the Urb-ster's genius:
--Florida RB Chris Rainey was stalking his ex- (or soon-to-be-ex-) girlfriend. Being the consummate gentleman, Rainey texted the young lady with a message that it was "time to die b*tch"

--The Urb-ster suspended Rainey "indefinitely"

--Florida lost three games in a row

--Rainey's suspension was promptly lifted, and he was reinstated to the team (Of course, I am sure the young lady, the local police and their corresponding state attorneys needed no coaxing to drop/reduce the charges, wink wink)

Just think, with Urban Meyer, we could have our kill--er, cake--and eat it, too!

THAT shows just how much the "culture has changed" at OSU.

But, as others have pointed out, until the LOI is signed/sealed/FAXed/delivered, a recruit remains a recruit. He is NOT a "commitment", he is just a recruit, although possibly of the "Very Very Very High Interest" variety.

Bieldog is ticked, Dantonio is ticked, Alvarez is ticked, Hoke hates him because he is at OSU....here we goooooooooooooo

Urban?s ?illegal? recruiting tactics a big issue for Bielema, Big Ten - NCAA Football - Sporting News

Looks like a three-waaambulance crash.

url
url
url

Urban spoke at the Ohio high school coaches clinic today....lets just say his response on the matter isn't sympathetic to the whiners...lol

I think what they are upset about is the methods he is using to steal recruits. They feel he has crossed a line. Bart claims he talked to Myer and he feels it has been resolved. He would not discuss what the issue or give further details.

All schools poach other schools recruits to some degree. But is what they are doing legal or illegal? Who initiates contact? A recruit that changes his mind because of a coaches sales job long on BS and short on facts.

I think a kid should be free to pick the college of his choice, and even a few change their minds. But some coaches create confusion in the mind of a recuit with lies and false rumors to benefit themselves.

Having a hard deadline or rushing a decision causes problems. Look at Keil that was at LSU for orientation and changed to Notre Dame. Patton at orientation at NC, then leaves for Vandy. And last year, Cyrus K, the OL from DeMatha, he signs with Auburn, does not send the LOI in, and changes to Alabama.

So much pressure on these kids because their is so much money on the line for the coaches. Blame the coaches and the money, not the kids. They are just being 18 year olds.

One other thing. If what Ohio $tate did was illegal, the coaches need to report it to the NCAA. I would guess O$U is on a real thin ice and one more problem will cause the NCAA to bring down the sledgehammer.

If its legal, don't whine.

Urban Meyer and Ohio State have already won if they coaches are crying about this. Game. Set. Match.

Urban says his staff will go harder now, committed or not. Gauntlet has been thrown down....BB and Dantonio won't get in the way of or intimidate Urban. And fat Barry Alvarez talking to Delany is a waste if time. Delany's opinion on the matter means squat.

Urban says his staff will go harder now, committed or not. Gauntlet has been thrown down....BB and Dantonio won't get in the way of or intimidate Urban. And fat Barry Alvarez talking to Delany is a waste if time. Delany's opinion on the matter means squat.

The more Urban does to obliterate Dantonio and Bert's recruiting classes, Im all for.

Fufred- have you heard anything new on Kozan?

The more Urban does to obliterate Dantonio and Bert's recruiting classes, Im all for.

Fufred- have you heard anything new on Kozan?
Diamond is deciding tonight I still think he's headed to UM but some UM people think Arkansas...not sure UM would have room for both. That said I haven't heard much new...doesn't seem like Kozan even knows for sure.

If all of this is over Urban recruiting athletes who verballed to other schools, and nothing "illegal", what exactly are these guys so upset about?

Although KF would never say what Urban did, I hope that is our staff's attitude when it comes to recruiting...nine guys who don't give a damn about stepping on some toes as long as it's within the rules.

This "gentlemen's agreement" is laughable. Is that what your "card" told you to say about this, Bret? :rolleyes:

Latest posts