Big Ten Tourney

PasadenaDreams

Hyopethically if the Hawks won it....

What would their seed be in the big dance?

And don't give a smart*** response or say they won't. If you are going to answer, answer it seriously.

I've actually thought about this, and probably no higher than 15.

A few years back, Illinois was the 11 seed and made it all the way to Sunday.

It would be pretty cool if Iowa was a #14 seed and knocked off the #3 seed North Mexico. I wonder when the last time was an Alford coached team lost as a #3 seed.

It would be pretty cool if Iowa was a #14 seed and knocked off the #3 seed North Mexico. I wonder when the last time was an Alford coached team lost as a #3 seed.

I think we would probably be a 14-15 seed. And I wouldn't put it past the Selection Committee to set up an Iowa/UNM matchup. They have a tendency to try and create the matchups where there is a storyline..

If the Hawks pulled out a miracle, they would be a 12 seed. The tournet brackets are filled from the top and bottom. The 15 and 16 seeds are always for the tiny conferences. The last seed is always the 12. When the Big Ten tourney ends, it is close to selection time. If no upset occurs, the committee knows where it will seed our top teams regardless of our conf tourney.

If the Hawks pulled out a miracle, they would be a 12 seed. The tournet brackets are filled from the top and bottom. The 15 and 16 seeds are always for the tiny conferences. The last seed is always the 12. When the Big Ten tourney ends, it is close to selection time. If no upset occurs, the committee knows where it will seed our top teams regardless of our conf tourney.

FAIL, Uber Fail

In 2008 Georgia was a 14 seed in the Big Dance after winning the SEC tourney with a 13-16 overall record and 4-12 conference record. My guess is Iowa would have the same fate

It's a good thing that this is only hypothetical. Come on Football season. I forgot about Georgia. What time does the SEC tourney end?