Big Ten Tourney Tickets

Kindabigdeal

For those of you who have been before and maybe purchased all-session passes.

Are all-session passes like season tickets meaning you tear off tickets by the session OR are they one pass that says something like "all-session" pass?

As you may have guessed, my motive is whether or not I can sell the sessions I do not want.

Thank you.

For those of you who have been before and maybe purchased all-session passes.

Are all-session passes like season tickets meaning you tear off tickets by the session OR are they one pass that says something like "all-session" pass?

As you may have guessed, my motive is whether or not I can sell the sessions I do not want.

Thank you.

What is your motive? If Iowa goes one and done are you wanting to leave? I would say if you are interested in seeing only Iowa play just go scalp tickets as someone will be willing to part with tickets. I went to the BTT in Indy about 5 years ago (the one Iowa won by beating OSU in the final game) and we only bought tickets to the first game on line. After that we scalped tickets all the way to Sunday for maybe $15-$25 a pop (depending where you want to sit).............. There is no reason to buy all the sessions, and worry about selling them.

There are a lot of factors to consider.

They are indeed individual tickets that you get for each session...at least they were when I attended the same tourney as ICHAWK...which was maybe the best Hawkeye experience of my life. I have never been as upset as when NW St beat us that year.

Anyhow...it was comical to watch the scalpers outside of the stadium. After a game is over they stand right outside and basically harass anyone wearing gear from the losing school.

Also...keep in mind that the first day is broken into two sessions...we had to go back and get our second session tickets in order to see Iowa's first game.

Thanks HawKCP for actually answering the question.

I actually live in Indy and have attended Iowa's tournament game (debacle) the last 2 years.

I just thought about buying a couple all-session passess and then going to some games and selling some games. I'm not looking to make a lot of money, but would be nice to see some games without having to deal with scalpers and then sell the rest just to break even on the passes.

I'm not sure how close you would get to breaking even if you were to try and sell tickets to scalpers. The thing you'd have going for you is that the pass(es) that you'd use would be the least valuable and you'd be selling the more valuable later sessions...but if you weren't wanting to stick around and scalp your tickets yourself you might have a tough time breaking even by selling your tickets to scalpers.

I did enjoy attending the sessions that the Hawkeyes weren't a part of and witnessing some of the major basketball rivalries of the Big Ten. Illinois and Mich St was fun to witness because they both sent large contingents to the game and they were boisterous. Not sure what the matchups will look like but if we see Indiana v Illinois...Indiana v Purdue...Mich v tOSU...Mich v MSU...those could be fun to see if you were in the arena. Those types of games are far more fun in-person.

Latest posts