Big Ten title game tickets through the university

westender

Not to jinx it, but this is the response back from the Iowa ticket office this morning:

As we are new to this process, we are still working out the full details, but information regarding Big Ten Championship tickets will be sent out to season ticket holders and donors by the end of this week. Pricing and seat distribution information will be available then, as well. Priority points will factor in. If we have anything remaining once our donors and season ticket holders are through we will then release the rest for the general public.

This is going to be one rough ticket to acquire...and I can't wait to rock indy....assuming we make it

This is going to be one rough ticket to acquire...and I can't wait to rock indy....assuming we make it

You think so??? Lucas Oil Seats 67,000. We can't get that many into Kinnick except for 1 game. How many Hawks do you expect?

Granted it's only a 3 hour drive from Columbus but this also isn't their first appearance and fans may be saving their $ to spend on playoff/NC games rather than this one.

You think so??? Lucas Oil Seats 67,000. We can't get that many into Kinnick except for 1 game. How many Hawks do you expect?

Granted it's only a 3 hour drive from Columbus but this also isn't their first appearance and fans may be saving their $ to spend on playoff/NC games rather than this one.
Then there will be a lot of cheap playoff tickets we can buy off Buckeye fans.

I doubt it's a sellout. Two traveling teams aren't going to bring 67k people are they? My plan is to scalp the day of. Legal to scalp in indee?

Yes I think so. take a look at Stubhub, then take a look at this link which is sponsored by the Big Ten (for some reason):

https://bigten.teamtix.com/markets/...5-big-ten-football-championship-game?host=b1g

Just to reserve a chance to buy decent iowa tickets at face value will cost you $90-$200. Thats not for the ticket itself, thats for the right to buy a ticket.

If you want a nosebleed seat in the 6th level you can probably get one for $100. If you want a lower level seat its probably going to be around $250 or more.

indianapolis is a 3 hour drive from chicago as well as columbus. A lot of people will go...a lot of IOWA fans will go

Less than 3 hours from the Chicago area. Just saying...

Edit: above me beat me to it. There are a ton of Hawkeye fans/students/former students in this city.

If you're using 67,000 as capacity then it would appear there has never been a sellout for this game.

2011 - 64,152 WI/MSU
2012 - 41,260 WI/NE
2013 - 66,002 OSU/MSU
2014 - 60,229 OSU/WI

Since OSU would be returning for the 3rd straight year I would question their participation level.

If you're using 67,000 as capacity then it would appear there has never been a sellout for this game.

2011 - 64,152 WI/MSU
2012 - 41,260 WI/NE
2013 - 66,002 OSU/MSU
2014 - 60,229 OSU/WI

Since OSU would be returning for the 3rd straight year I would question their participation level.

wikipedia (consider the source) states the capacity is just over 62,000 for Colts games but is expandable to around 70,000.

I was at the metrodome in 2002 for the Iowa/Gopher game and it was a complete sell out. The dome held around 65,000 people and most of them were Iowa fans.

Face it...we travel well when we're good

I was at the metrodome in 2002 for the Iowa/Gopher game and it was a complete sell out. The dome held around 65,000 people and most of them were Iowa fans.

Face it...we travel well when we're good

First title game for us (putting multiple carts before the horse) against Ohio State or Michigan State. Urban Meyer or Dantonio. How I would love to see a 7 got 6 against Dantonio again. What a gut punch that was. Hard to say how many would travel. We are just now filling Kinnick and that is with 7,000 or 8,000 students. Would 20,000 people go? Then you have to make choices, does one spend on that or wait and spend on a bowl game or maybe spend on a playoff spot trip. If we are undefeated I believe the draw will be really high to get people to travel (and the glorious part there would mean we beat Nebraska), but if we have a loss I think less will go to the title game and maybe do the bowl game or not go if money is tight. The good thing is this is driveable and its not a bad two lane horror story of a road trip.

I'll get tickets from scalpers probably. My questions is besides the ungodly prices for hotels around the stadium that weekend, where else would people suggest to stay?

I'll get tickets from scalpers probably. My questions is besides the ungodly prices for hotels around the stadium that weekend, where else would people suggest to stay?

Go out 10 miles and it's not bad. Take a taxi. That's my plan.

2011 - 64,152 WI/MSU
2012 - 41,260 WI/NE
2013 - 66,002 OSU/MSU
2014 - 60,229 OSU/WI

What's this? How is it that the Mighty Huskers and the Greatest Fans in college football had the smallest crowd for this game?

I think you can stay 7+ miles from the stadium for ~$100 a night. Uber it from there.

The thought of Iowa fans packing Indianapolis bars on friday night and all day saturday is....awesome?

I live in Indy. Here is some info for those coming over.

Hotels downtown will be expensive that weekend, however it looks like areas such as Keystone/Carmel are around $100-$150 for 3 or 4 stars. This is only about a 15 minute drive from downtown and probably less than $20 Uber ride. The good news is once you’re downtown, pretty much every bar in town is within walking distance. I don’t know what the UI would have planned, but when the basketball tourney was over here there was a bar (The Colts Grille) that was designated as the Iowa bar, and that’s where people went before the game. I’m sure they will do something similar this time.

As far as bars, Mass Ave is a really fun area (kind of reminds me of the Ped Mall) with a lot of cool bars and restaurants. I also recommend Howl at the Moon to end your Friday night. There is also an area called Broad Ripple that is close to Butler (about 5 min drive from the Keystone/Carmel area I mentioned above) and this is more of a college bar area, whereas Mass Ave is a young professional/hipster area.

Hope to see a lot of Hawk fans over here if they take care of business the next month. I'm expecting probably 10 to 15 people staying at my place.

Also, don't think the fact that OSU will probably be in the playoffs as a reason they won't travel. They will bring the house, as they always do when they play in WL or Bloomington.

Indy is a great town and people will have a lot of fun. Lucas Oil Stadium is great too.

Latest posts