Big Ten Pulse tonight...went well

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I think it will be our best show yet...getting comfortable with the format, had the same format as last week as far as structure goes, which means we have to think less about that and get into opinions...Iowa related topics in both the first and second segment....and of course, the reveal of the polls. You should get a kick out of that. Also, we have video of Mason's 'We let em off the hook' comment...and we had some fun things to say about that that I think you will enjoy. Tonight at 8pm central on the Big Ten Network

Had an enjoyable half hour chat with Coach Mason today...I get into FB junky mode and it was a good convo...talked about the 2004 Iowa-Minnesota game where Greenway made the TFL...he shed light on what happened on that play from a Minnesota perspective, or rather, what was not executed on that play by one of their linemen, and in his opinion, had that been executed, the play might have gone for a big gain...football is such an amazing game..there are probably five or six things that happen on every play that can mean the difference in something big or mundane...and given the spot of the contest, it can mean the difference between a win or loss.

Keep posting a link to the polls Jon. I thought those were good questions. Glad to support the show, I know i will forget to go over there and vote though without a reminder.

I think it will be our best show yet...getting comfortable with the format, had the same format as last week as far as structure goes, which means we have to think less about that and get into opinions...Iowa related topics in both the first and second segment....and of course, the reveal of the polls. You should get a kick out of that. Also, we have video of Mason's 'We let em off the hook' comment...and we had some fun things to say about that that I think you will enjoy. Tonight at 8pm central on the Big Ten Network

Had an enjoyable half hour chat with Coach Mason today...I get into FB junky mode and it was a good convo...talked about the 2004 Iowa-Minnesota game where Greenway made the TFL...he shed light on what happened on that play from a Minnesota perspective, or rather, what was not executed on that play by one of their linemen, and in his opinion, had that been executed, the play might have gone for a big gain...football is such an amazing game..there are probably five or six things that happen on every play that can mean the difference in something big or mundane...and given the spot of the contest, it can mean the difference between a win or loss.

I think you meant "Brewster's let 'em off the hook", but same difference in my opinion. :)

Anyway, looks like you guys are starting to get into the groove now.....much more comfortable and natural looking than previously. Oh, and you got rid of the dude's head behind LB.

I noticed your suits were color coordinated. Did you guys call each other before the show to find out what you were going to wear? ;)

My wife from Wisconsin laughed when you said "lowans know how to use the computer" or something to that effect...

Caught the show,Jon. Well done. This is really filling a need,imo,as there is so much gossip/topics around the league during the season. Some of the other shows get out of the x's and o's occasionally,and I like when Dinardo and Howard kick back and discuss topics at large around the league,but you guys really can run thru all the ancillary discussion points that fuel the message boards. LB is growing on me, as he seems pretty sharp,and spits it out without too much verbage. Congrats, I think this baby is here to stay!!

Jon, I have a good story that goes along with that play. I happen to be good buddies with Coach Mason's son. For several years, we were both living in Minneapolis and my buddy would let me come on to the sidelines with him for a Gophers game or two each season.

In 2004, my buddy, knowing my passion, invited me to attend the Iowa game with him and watch from the sidelines. Of course, I wasn't allowed to wear black or gold and I was told to cheer for the Gophers.

I was well-behaved and restrained for most of the game. However, when Greenway made that tackle, I let out a muted yell and gave a tiny fist pump. It wasn't intentional - it just slipped out.

Unfortunately, at that point in the game, we were adjacent to Joel Maturi (the Minnesota AD) and an assistant AD or staff member from the department. They both looked back at me and stared, partially in disbelief or at least curious as to who made the noise. A couple of third string Gopher players also shot me a glance.

Fortunately, my buddy never noticed, as he was caught up in the action and running down the sideline. I kind of drifted away at that point and found a new vantage point. I always wondered if the members of the Minnesota athletic department pondered how a Hawkeye fan had infiltrated even their sideline.

I'm sure I'll never watch another Hawkeye game from the sideline (even if it was the wrong sideline), and I'll forever be grateful for my buddy for allowing me to tag along. I'll never forget several of the plays that ended with Hodge and Greenway tackling Maroney/ Barber on the Gopher sidelines. Those guys were all talking trash amongst each other...but it wasn't mean spirited at all. All four were playing at a higher level than most on the field - and it was if the Hawkeye linebackers appreciated how hard Maroney and Barber were running, and the running backs, in turn, respected the ferocity of Greenway and Hodge's hits.

It was a great game within the game.

I always get wrapped up in the Thursday night CFB game and forget that it's on :eek:

Need to remember to sit the DVR, then it's finding time to watch it :rolleyes:

Hey Jon, nice quote about hawk fans when the other dude said you were rigging the votes, "IIIIIIII don't think there is anything going on there. Hawkeye fans just know how to use computers!" I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes....classic

Latest posts