Big Ten Network Tonight at 6

Not asking what the alignment is, but do you know as of right now what they are Jon? I understand that you cant say what they but just wondering if you were given a heads up to be ready for the show

Wonder why this was not milked for more publicity. You'd think they would make a bigger deal out of this. Like Biden said....

Jon, put in a plug for Iowa vs Nebraska as the thanksgiving weekend big game...let them know that Iowa-Neb will always be a bigger rivalry than PSU-Neb.

That's weird they would split up MN and Wisc like that but I guess they can keep a protected rival either way so it's not a huge deal.

Yes looking at divisions right now. And Iowa protected rival. But I can't say anything or I might wind up in the lake

That's weird they would split up MN and Wisc like that but I guess they can keep a protected rival either way so it's not a huge deal.

and if true WI only gets to play one of MN, IA, and Nebraska. Seems odd.

The prediction Jon made last week makes more sense in my opinion.

Yes looking at divisions right now. And Iowa protected rival. But I can't say anything or I might wind up in the lake

Yea i didnt expect you to disclose anything, but was just wondering if you were given information for the show tonight. Have fun tonight Jon!

Please let it be Illinois!!! nevermind, they'll be with NW

that leaves us with Purdue???

Last edited:
I'd love to break all this stuff down with you guys right now, and once the show is over tonight I am going straight to the hotel and am gonna write for three or four hours. I can't wait.

But for now, I gotta remain mum..in fact, Jim may be monitoring this post as we speak ;)

Jon, when it is all done, what I really like to know is what the other 2 finalist alignments were, since according to those who've talked, they were down to 2 or 3 designs ... I understand this info may not be forthcoming anytime soon, but eventually I'd really love to see them

I'd love to break all this stuff down with you guys right now, and once the show is over tonight I am going straight to the hotel and am gonna write for three or four hours. I can't wait.

But for now, I gotta remain mum..in fact, Jim may be monitoring this post as we speak ;)

OK, we'll do this old school. Silence assumed assent.

The Big Ten will announce its much-anticipated, two six-team divisional setup for the 2011-12 season later Wednesday, with traditional football powers Ohio State and Michigan in opposing divisions and new member Nebraska aligned with the Wolverines.
Multiple sources told ESPN.com that the two divisions in the Big Ten will look like:
• Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern and Minnesota.
• Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.

Big Ten Conference to split Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines, sources say - ESPN

Purdue protected "rival."

;)

Latest posts