Big Ten Media Day Running Thread...

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I will make posts here related to what the Big Ten coaches are saying throughout the day...this might ebb and flow because of possibly needing to run out and cover something else.

Ron Zook starts things off and says he is excited to be here...which will be said 11 more times today

Zook's first question: What are your thoughts on Ohio State situation

Zook's second question: What do you think about Russell Wilson at Wisconsin

Yeah, it's going to be like that all day I think. over 500 media folks in here...

Zook pleased with where his offensive line is...I think they learned a lesson from the change from 2007 to 2008, when they went away from the run option...gotta have an identity and I think they are going to lead with the run option offense, and I think Scheelhaase has more passing upside than what Juice showed

Zook's first question: What are your thoughts on Ohio State situation? Zook: What happened there?

Zook's second question: What do you think about Russell Wilson at Wisconsin
Zook: I think he's an excellent Kicker.

Yeah, it's going to be like that all day I think. over 500 media folks in here...

See Jon, when you lob softballs.........

Illini with 8 home games this year...I have written this before, if they had not lost their three best players to early NFL, they really could have pushed for #2 in the Leaders.

13 starters back for Wisconsin..not counting Russell Wilson...6th year for Bielema at Wisconsin...did not realize it was that many

First question for Bielema was about Russell Wilson...predictably.

Said once they heard Wilson was leaving NC State, they were all over him.

Follow up from Teddy Greenstein re: along the lines of 'who you crappin' related to Bielema saying 'potential' starting QB...agree Teddy

Bielema: "In a dream world, hammer the guys that don't do things right." talking about programs who break rules in recruiting

"If you are consciously aware that you are breaking an NCAA rule, the only way to deter is is to get rid of people. That is the #1 thing I would love to see happen in college football."

I agree with him...don't always hear guys say that...consciously is the key word there