Big Ten Hate (from CN)

**** the additions of TCU and WV are huge upgrades for the Big 12. Texas A&M is a name but their performance on the field is a complete trainwreck. If KF or Rhoads had half the players A&M does they would contend for national titles.

. Now look down the 2009-10 ratings and see if you can see what the ISU/Minny game rated - .83. 2nd lowest and down there with the likes of Southern Miss and Middle Tennessee. No other game was really all that close.

I would guess this also had something to do with the fact that the 2009 Insight Bowl was on the NFL Network and not a "normal" channel that people get.

I would guess this also had something to do with the fact that the 2009 Insight Bowl was on the NFL Network and not a "normal" channel that people get.

Yeah. It's a tremendously stupid argument to make. Compare the number of households that have ESPN to the NFL Network. Therein lies your answer.

Yeah. It's a tremendously stupid argument to make. Compare the number of households that have ESPN to the NFL Network. Therein lies your answer.

I don't know many people that don't have the NFL Network that have cable, tbh.

Can anyone here defend how the BCS system actually works though? Why should you be able to pass up higher ranked BCS teams to get what you consider marquee programs? Especially to put on the performance they did last night. I saw two teams that simply looked bad last night playing in a BCS game. There were so many mistakes, and the football was so limited for both teams, it was disgusting. Last nights matchup shows everything that is worng with the current system.

There is no comparing WV and UConn

While WVU isn't nearly as average as UCONN was last year, they still aren't great. They're in a BCS game because they won the Big East. Michigan didn't deserve a BCS bid this year, but there are quite a few teams who don't deserve one (Clemson, VT, Michigan, WVU). Automatic bids are ridiculous. Just take the top 10 and go from there.

I think the Orange Bowl gets poor ratings compared to the other BCS games on a regular basis. I wouldn't put that on Iowa.

That’s very true. Being attached to the ACC is not a good thing for any bowl. They showed a stat today that the ACC is 2-13 in BCS bowls since their inception. They were by far the worst.

**** the additions of TCU and WV are huge upgrades for the Big 12. Texas A&M is a name but their performance on the field is a complete trainwreck. If KF or Rhoads had half the players A&M does they would contend for national titles.

Upgrades over A&M and Mizzou? You’re crazy. TCU is a good program because they have a good coach who wants to stay there. It’s not like TCU would be wanted if Patterson hadn’t built them up. Imagine what A&M would have done by now if Patterson had gone there instead of this pathetic line of coaches they have had. I consider swapping WVU for Mizzou a push at best. WVU is a school that thinks their program is better than it is.

We’re all casual fans when our particular teams aren’t involved in a bowl. I used to watch all the BCS bowls back before there was a BCS, but the new tie-ins and matchups have become boring. The only two BCS games worth watching this year were the Rose and Fiesta. I have no desire to watch another 9-6 slugfest in the title game. That’s the same reason why Iowa’s Orange bowl had the lowest rating of a BCS bowl that year. Casual fans didn’t want to watch two ball control teams have at it. If both of those teams had offenses that put up 450 yards and 45 points a game, it would have been the highest rated game of that year……program names notwithstanding.

Latest posts