Big Men in Portal

Only in a world with no rules and Athletes for Sale signs does a talented kid pick Ole Miss over Iowa. I hate this bullshit.
Cry us a river. Iowa has more money to spend than Ole Miss; they just choose not to.

If NIL isn’t your bag then you’re better off finding a different hobby.

NCAA is a semi-pro league now and Iowa basketball is going to be the equivalent of a small market NBA team, but without the benefit of being able to grab a game changing talent in the draft.

I don't know if it will sink to that level. My guess is being a Big Ten school they will still be able to out spend Iowa State. :)

I don't know if it will sink to that level. My guess is being a Big Ten school they will still be able to out spend Iowa State. :)
I just wonder if Fran wants to stick around and play this game much longer. I wouldn't be shocked if he retires after Patrick completes his eligibility, and just helps Jack get the best deal the market has to offer when it's time for him to go to college. NCAA sports has just quickly evolved into a whole new animal with new challenges with the birth of the Transfer Portal and the NIL, and it's not done evolving either.

I just wonder if Fran wants to stick around and play this game much longer. I wouldn't be shocked if he retires after Patrick completes his eligibility, and just helps Jack get the best deal the market has to offer when it's time for him to go to college. NCAA sports has just quickly evolved into a whole new animal with new challenges with the birth of the Transfer Portal and the NIL, and it's not done evolving either.

If Jack decides to play for the Hawkeyes

Fran will hang around until Jack graduates or goes to the NBA

:cool:

NIL is not my bag, but thanks, I don't need you to tell me what my hobbies should be.

Fine, if you don't want Fry doing it then I will. Your hobbies should be cross stitch, quilting, fixing things with FlexTape and FlexSeal, and becoming a super reviewer on Yelp.

Fine, if you don't want Fry doing it then I will. Your hobbies should be cross stitch, quilting, fixing things with FlexTape and FlexSeal, and becoming a super reviewer on Yelp.
Is he allowed to still go to games if he promises not to watch them and just quilts the whole time?

So we get to hear you whine about it incessantly for the next decade? It’s not going away.
Iowa and Lute were bridesmaids for Isiah Thomas in 1979 and I've been sequestered in my parents basement ever since.

What a waste of three fourths of my life.

Is it on to Burns and Osunniyi, now? Speaking of St. Bonaventure, did their entire starting lineup decide to leave?

NCAA is a semi-pro league now and Iowa basketball is going to be the equivalent of a small market NBA team, but without the benefit of being able to grab a game changing talent in the draft.
As long as you remember that Iowa is making the choice not to be competitive with NIL money. “Small market NBA teams” don’t make that choice.

Iowa has the money and ability to be competitive.

Cry us a river. Iowa has more money to spend than Ole Miss; they just choose not to.

If NIL isn’t your bag then you’re better off finding a different hobby.
Fry is right NIL is here to stay. How it changes College athletics is still to be determined but it clearly will.
Fry has trouble with some of the posts. Of course not all can be brilliant like his post in response to Cyclone Tyrese Hunter going in the portal "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"