Big Game Kirk? What do the Stats Say?

First, Mose, Iowa is 3-0 vs. Shoelace because Iowa's defense can normally handle a non-power running, 'primative' passing game with a 'whimp' for a QB.

Apparently, Michigan will get a more powerful running offense under Brady. How will Iowa's defense fare then?

Minnesota has been Iowa's last regular season game for all but 1 of those years.
Who has Wisky's last regular season game been against?
I think that answers that last game stat quite well.

First, Mose, Iowa is 3-0 vs. Shoelace because Iowa's defense can normally handle a non-power running, 'primative' passing game with a 'whimp' for a QB.

Apparently, Michigan will get a more powerful running offense under Brady. How will Iowa's defense fare then?

Minnesota has been Iowa's last regular season game for all but 1 of those years.
Who has Wisky's last regular season game been against?
I think that answers that last game stat quite well.

It should be noted, it's not really accurate. Shoelace came in late the first trip to IC in relief of Forcier. I would say 2-0 against Shoelace.

Michigan in the RR era was notorious for turnovers. I think that first game it was a 5:1 ratio, Iowa's favor. 2010 in Ann Arbor was the same way, 4:0 TO ratio.

2011, with the new regime, 2:0 TO ratio, again favoring Iowa. We're in their heads at this point, we're at home, this wasn't a terribly surprising win despite not being favored.

The tide has been starting to shift back in this battle already in year one of the new regime, so this will be a tough trip to Ann Arbor this fall for sure. Then again, even when Michigan is down it's a tough trip to Ann Arbor.

Latest posts