Big East reaching out to Big 12

Good Post.

I'm not a fan of super conferences. I don't think they are good for any one other than the so called elites. The current Big Ten Universities have a great thing going, lots of history, traditions, and rivalries.

Right now the Big XII is dysfunctional, but it does not have to be. The meddling by ESPN is a primary factor and the ego of Texas is another. I would hope it could get its act together.

For a state like Iowa trying to support two BCS programs is difficult. I do not think it would be any easier supporting just one with super conferences. The phrase "be careful what you wish for, you might get it" comes to mind.

Given the history of the SEC and Southwest Conferences record of rules violation and the recent events at tOSU and USC, the barometer tells me if the big boys need to cheat than those that don't are doomed. College football needs a good dose of integrity right now, not super conferences.

Super conferences would suck, and this one would be the suckiest of all.

Big 10 fans love the offseason where they can trump their ability to print money with Delaney's network, and the stability of their conference. When the season hits you will have to try and explain the poor product that actually takes to the field.

Big 10 fans love the offseason where they can trump their ability to print money with Delaney's network, and the stability of their conference. When the season hits you will have to try and explain the poor product that actually takes to the field.

Awesome.

The "super conference" that is the Big 10 has a very sorry record against the Big 12 recently.

Iowa hasn't had much trouble with the big 12 lately you clown. Oh and its also fun to cash those HUGE checks we get as well.

You morons are all the same. You have nothing backing your team up so you brag about your conference...of which you make NO contribution to.

You can continue to take welfare from us all you want to pay off that God aweful bank sign you stuck in your concrete soviet style stadium that is half empty.

Oh well at least you have Hickory Park....which is about as passe as Lee Jeans.

pretty brett laying down some classic clowny logic right here.

at least you guys finally scored a td - what was it - 3 years in a row??

no wonder Wallace called you guys the cyclowns.

The "super conference" that is the Big 10 has a very sorry record against the Big 12 recently.

I'm guessing if the Big12, Big East and ACC commissioners are getting together to talk about a super conference they probably aren't talking about the clowns being included. It sucks, I know. But, hey, there's always the MAC or Conference USA. :rolleyes:

I don't care if the Big East and Big 12-2,3,4 whatever try to form a super conference. They are the weakest of the BCS conferences and if/when the time comes that the B1G, SEC and Pac-12 begin exploring a 16 or 18 team option, they will still get raided.

Latest posts