Big $$ Donors

Travisam

It's often said, and correctly so, that Ferentz/Barta won't be gone until the big $$ donors decide that it's time to make a move. What I don't ever hear on here is anyone that is either one of these donors, or someone close to them. Does anyone know if the tide with the big $$ has changed anywhere near as much as it has for the majority of the fan base? I'm sure there are some big $$ lurkers on here and or people who are in the know through I-Club etc. Just curious what the current temp is.

I doubt that really big $$$ donors post or even lurk on this site. They came to have big $$$ by working on big deals and having better things to do.

They may bleed black and gold but they probably get their info a little more directly from Camp Kinnick.

I doubt that really big $$$ donors post or even lurk on this site. They came to have big $$$ by working on big deals and having better things to do.

They may bleed black and gold but they probably get their info a little more directly from Camp Kinnick.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!, I do belive there are few who are doubting, but not the ones that really matter. This is not Nebraska. We have some pretty sharp people behind Iowa Athletic Dept.

I think all the real ballers on here were banned when JDM got word that they were secretly staging a buyout of the site.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!, I do belive there are few who are doubting, but not the ones that really matter. This is not Nebraska. We have some pretty sharp people behind Iowa Athletic Dept.
If they aren't doubting Iowa football, not only are they not pretty sharp, they probably need someone to tie their shoes for them.

I get how it works, but isn't Barta being paid to make decisions, and not wait for some alum to tell him what decision to make?

I get how it works, but isn't Barta being paid to make decisions, and not wait for some alum to tell him what decision to make?

You don't think the $$ coming in from donors (or lack thereof) factors heavily in this (and many others, really) decision?

marionettes-vector-994342.jpg

Gary Barta and KF (punting on a 4th and short on the 30)

What matters to the athletic department when it comes to each program:
1. Money
2. Wins
3. Community perception
4. Graduation rates, transfers, back stories

Until two of these items become serious issues there will be no change. You are kidding yourself if you think pelini would have been fired if he was not such a d bag. If his act had not gotten old he wasn't going anywhere. He'll he tried to change it but it was too late.

Anyone of consequence would have a direct line to the athletic department to voice their concerns like the complaints about pop-up tents preventing them from parking in their spots. Money talks... BS walks and no offence but message boards=BS in this instance.

Iowa doesn't have any big name donors. Gerdin and Krause both died recently. Iowa is completely reliant on skimming a few thousand bucks out of several thousand people.

It's often said, and correctly so, that Ferentz/Barta won't be gone until the big $$ donors decide that it's time to make a move. What I don't ever hear on here is anyone that is either one of these donors, or someone close to them. Does anyone know if the tide with the big $$ has changed anywhere near as much as it has for the majority of the fan base? I'm sure there are some big $$ lurkers on here and or people who are in the know through I-Club etc. Just curious what the current temp is.

This is no different than most universities. They are the ones writing the checks, they are the ones calling the shots.

Iowa doesn't have any big name donors. Gerdin and Krause both died recently. Iowa is completely reliant on skimming a few thousand bucks out of several thousand people.

Apparently, this poster doesn't attend games at Kinnick.

At the Cornholer game, they honored Stew Hansen and family.
Yeah, I hear he gave about $700 to get his name on Brand New Football office complex.

People simply DO NOT understand that the IOWA football program is very Flush
Top 25 in terms of revenue, year in and year out.

I have always wondered if we have any big donors who would actually have a voice to be heard. I know the Krause family but beyond that I am in the dark as to how many of them there truly are and do they ever voice their opinion to Barta.With as much money that the program generates from tv, merchandise, and fans in attendance, I wonder if that is where the majority of the cash cow rests!?