Big donation

dobhawk43

I'm curious,
Suh donated millions the Nebraska to build a new weight room. Has any former Iowa player donated anything worthwhile to the football program?

You would think so with how many Iowa guys are in the NFL now.

You have a problem with this?

I fail to see what former Hawks that play in the NFL owe Iowa.

Not that I think they would owe Iowa money or anything like that, but it would surprise me if no former player ever donated any significant I guess.

But that is coming from someone like me who never has and most likely never will attend Iowa, lives in MN, and would still try to donate money to Iowa if I had money to donate or won the lottery.

A lot of these guys in the NFL do stuff for charities and things like that... which I think comes before donating to a football team so I don't have a problem with that at all.

I agree they don't owe anything. You would think some may feel as BF does about the program and want to give thou.
I think with the coin KF makes, if he invested wisely, he should plunk down a ton with the condition his last name be part of Kinnick. Then for short we could call it KF (Kinnick/Ferentz) stadium. :)

A number of former players have contributed to the program. None in the amount Suh did. Several have funded scholarships for the position that they played.

Not that I think they would owe Iowa money or anything like that, but it would surprise me if no former player ever donated any significant I guess.

But that is coming from someone like me who never has and most likely never will attend Iowa, lives in MN, and would still try to donate money to Iowa if I had money to donate or won the lottery.

A lot of these guys in the NFL do stuff for charities and things like that... which I think comes before donating to a football team so I don't have a problem with that at all.

And if I had money or won the lottery I'd cure cancer.

Someone should hit up Chad Greenway for a donation with that big fat contract he got from the Vikings. The best time to ask is during their training camp.

Several ex Hawkeye players gave to the Hawkeye Carver addition. Ronnie Lester gave in the 100,000-999,000 category for the Athletic Training room in memory of John Streif. In the 50,000-99,000 category Mac and Kent McCausland for Mens asst. basketball coach office. Steve Waite in the 25,000-49,999 category. Les Jepsen and Mark Mysnyk in 10,000-24,999 category. That is a few I saw in the rededication program. I am sure some ex football players are giving money for the new training facilities being built. I am not surprised that they don't come on the public news and brag about it.

Guys, it was a joke. I was just being a smart***. I have no idea who or who doesn't give to the university and don't care.

I do know that KF gave a big chunk of that first big raise back though.

Latest posts