Big 12 to play fall football

hoxrock

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...orward-plans-fall-football-season-source-says

Anyone think the Big 12 caught wind that the SEC was courting Texas and Oklahoma to play in the SEC this season? That's what I have read in multiple places. Big 12 can't afford to lose those two teams. Sadly such power moves probably won't happen in the Big Ten as Gene Smith has already said OSU isn't playing in another conference and Kevin Warren has threatened to oust Nebraska if they play elsewhere.

Either way, conference realignment may soon be in the headlines again like it was 10 years ago.

The Big 12 is in a bizarro world right now. Normally they're the least powerful among the P5. However right now, if they're are all unified, they could decide the fate of the college season.

They're basically the swing vote between the Pac 12/B1G alliance and the SEC/ACC alliance.

However as you mentioned, they are not unified. Oklahoma and Texas run the show and the rest of the conference has to put their thumbs in their mouths and pray they don't get dumped. Because we all know if those 2 bolt, Kansas would find a landing spot somewhere, OSU likely as well, but the rest would be destined for the MAC.

The Big 12 is in a bizarro world right now. Normally they're the least powerful among the P5. However right now, if they're are all unified, they could decide the fate of the college season.

They're basically the swing vote between the Pac 12/B1G alliance and the SEC/ACC alliance.

However as you mentioned, they are not unified. Oklahoma and Texas run the show and the rest of the conference has to put their thumbs in their mouths and pray they don't get dumped. Because we all know if those 2 bolt, Kansas would find a landing spot somewhere, OSU likely as well, but the rest would be destined for the MAC.

They aren't deciding the fate of college football. The SEC is, and to a smaller extent the ACC. They are the two conferences who have seemingly been most in favor of playing this fall. You correctly stated the Big 12 is probably the weakest of the P5 conferences so whatever happens they are not leading, they are reacting. In this case, reacting to possibly losing Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC down the road. If they had anything close to the roster of programs the ACC and SEC have this wouldn't be an issue for them. The Big Ten tried to wield power by getting other teams to go down their rabbit hole but Warren's strategy is backfiring as while the Big Ten is throwing in the towel the SEC and ACC are trying not only to have a season but further fortify their power in college football.

They aren't deciding the fate of college football. The SEC is, and to a smaller extent the ACC. They are the two conferences who have seemingly been most in favor of playing this fall. You correctly stated the Big 12 is probably the weakest of the P5 conferences so whatever happens they are not leading, they are reacting. In this case, reacting to possibly losing Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC down the road. If they had anything close to the roster of programs the ACC and SEC have this wouldn't be an issue for them. The Big Ten tried to wield power by getting other teams to go down their rabbit hole but Warren's strategy is backfiring as while the Big Ten is throwing in the towel the SEC and ACC are trying not only to have a season but further fortify their power in college football.

You think the SEC and ACC would just play without the other 3 conferences?

I think all the conferences can agree on at this point is holding on to hope of a playoff at some point. And the playoff is a majority rules type of thing. 2 dominoes have already fallen. If the Big 12 folds too, I think the SEC and ACC follow. But as we agreed on, their power brokers aren't unified. So instead of having power, they'll wait and react.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...orward-plans-fall-football-season-source-says

Anyone think the Big 12 caught wind that the SEC was courting Texas and Oklahoma to play in the SEC this season? That's what I have read in multiple places. Big 12 can't afford to lose those two teams. Sadly such power moves probably won't happen in the Big Ten as Gene Smith has already said OSU isn't playing in another conference and Kevin Warren has threatened to oust Nebraska if they play elsewhere.

Either way, conference realignment may soon be in the headlines again like it was 10 years ago.
Lol.

Keep in mind that the Big Ten said less than 4 days ago that it was going to "move forward with playing football."

If the Big 12 folded it would give the Big Ten the opportunity to scoop up Kansas without worry about being forced to take Kansas State.

You think the SEC and ACC would just play without the other 3 conferences?

Have you ever been to the South? When Clemson is on, traffic is like 5% of normal. If you want to go to Costco, go during the Clemson game. There are like 10 people there. I ordered my lunch today, went to pick it up at 1 and the restaurant was nuts to butts full. Nuts. To. Butts. They didn't have my order ready and I ain't DEFCON 1 on The Germ like a bunch of the candyasses on here, but even I walked out of the place to wait outside because it was so uncomfortably full. You roll into QT at 8:15 in the morning and there will be 30 people in there with maybe, maybe 3 people rocking a mask. People do not give a shit about The Germ here.

It is going to take damned near an act of Congress to stop the SEC and Clemson from playing football. Honestly, if I was governor of Alabama, I'd be more worried about weekly riots outside the capital if the Tide and Tigers ain't playing football than I would be about the public health consequences of The Germ from football.

Nobody will be playing football. This is all show, and they will cancel their season as well.

Headline: Big 12 Splits to MAC West Division or Mountain West if that is still a conference while Texas, OU, OSU one other team bolt to make the SEC 16 teams,

Have you ever been to the South? When Clemson is on, traffic is like 5% of normal. If you want to go to Costco, go during the Clemson game. There are like 10 people there. I ordered my lunch today, went to pick it up at 1 and the restaurant was nuts to butts full. Nuts. To. Butts. They didn't have my order ready and I ain't DEFCON 1 on The Germ like a bunch of the candyasses on here, but even I walked out of the place to wait outside because it was so uncomfortably full. You roll into QT at 8:15 in the morning and there will be 30 people in there with maybe, maybe 3 people rocking a mask. People do not give a shit about The Germ here.

It is going to take damned near an act of Congress to stop the SEC and Clemson from playing football. Honestly, if I was governor of Alabama, I'd be more worried about weekly riots outside the capital if the Tide and Tigers ain't playing football than I would be about the public health consequences of The Germ from football.

N and S Carolina with a combined 245,000 cases and 4,200 deaths. If they want to keep doing as they are doing well that is them. And if they play football they will want the stands jam packed.

The Big 12 is pretty unified actually. I'd say the conference is pretty healthy as far as communication and alignment goes. The thing holding it back is the lack of population so the conference will never have the revenues of the Big 10 and SEC. The only reason for any level of instability is money.

The Big 12 is pretty unified actually. I'd say the conference is pretty healthy as far as communication and alignment goes. The thing holding it back is the lack of population so the conference will never have the revenues of the Big 10 and SEC. The only reason for any level of instability is money.

This is the point. If you're not unified by money, you're not unified. Because money is what college football is all about.

Its instability for 8 schools. No issues whatsoever for 2 schools. Especially Texas.

The only reason the Big 12 puts up the absurd discrepancy in revenue between Texas and the other schools is because the alternative is Texas leaving. And if Texas leaves, Oklahoma leaves and everyone is scrambling to get into mid majors.

Latest posts