Big 12 Expansion

The b12 would still be the worst power 5 conference. I suppose though the clowns still would win more games in the BIG. If I was FOX and esecpn I'd be pi$$ed too. I think it's funny that esecpn is going to get punked! Feel kind of sorry FOX.

Here is a mental exercise for you. Below is a list of candidates to build a new conference, not an expanded, existing one. From the list build a new conference based on factors such as men's basketball and football, media coverage, tradition, the future, etc. You might be surprised how different the results are than adding a couple of teams to the existing Big 12.

1. Baylor
  2. Boise State
  3. BYU
  4. Central Florida
  5. Cincinnati
  6. Colorado State
  7. Connecticut
  8. East Carolina
  9. Houston
  10. Iowa State
  11. Kansas
  12. Kansas State
  13. Memphis
  14. Northern Illinois
  15. Oklahoma
  16. Oklahoma State
  17. SMU
  18. South Florida
  19. Texas
  20. Texas Christian
  21. Texas Tech
  22. West Virginia
In my draft here are the teams in order that I would pick to form a new conference of 12
  1. Texas
  2. Oklahoma
  3. BYU
  4. West Virginia
  5. Kansas
  6. Connecticut
  7. Cincinnati
  8. Oklahoma State
  9. South Florida
  10. Texas Christian
  11. Colorado State
  12. Texas Tech

The idea of UCLA becoming a member was the most intriguing thing I have read. UCLA would have the same issues that Oklahoma would have if it moved to the PAC. Realistically can't see it happening.

It has been my observation that the Big 12 needs to do some subtractions before doing additions to its conference. I'm basing it entirely on football, geography, and the number of sports offered. In my estimation you add three or five team, at least three or four from the eastern time zone and another Texas school. You drop one of the current members so you end up with five or six in the eastern time zone and seven or eight in the central time zone. If expansion success rides on fundamental change you have to look at all possibilities and so far one has discussed if there is a member that really no longer fits into the conference.
Any idea who seems to be the worst fit? I won't say the name of the school that doesn't fit but it's located in Ames, Iowa.

Buzz this week from Chris Williams, talking about the Big 12 adding Arizona, AZ State, Colorado and Colorado State. Does he just sit in his mom's basement making things up.

I like the posters that are demoting teams from the pac combining the two conferences and saying the big can have Washington and Oregon.

Biggest mistake is, nobody will tell the big who will be in their conference. But hey, they can dream.

First the Big 12 was going to merge with the ACC, then with the PAC 12. Now, they are merging with the SEC?
Clown fans are giving some good reading on Cyfan-tasy.

First the Big 12 was going to merge with the ACC, then with the PAC 12. Now, they are merging with the SEC?
Clown fans are giving some good reading on Cyfan-tasy.

If the Big12 were smart they would look to merge with the Pac12. If I were making the decisions I would drop West Virginia, drop Baylor and then join with the Pac12 to for a 20 team conference. Split into 4 five team Divisions, and then you rotate your divisions. So it would look like this:

Central Division:
ISU
K-State
Kansas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.

South Division:
Texas
TCU
Texas Tech
Arizona
Arizona St.

Northwest Division
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
Washington St.
Utah

West Division
UCLA
USC
Colorado
Standford
Cal

You play each team in your division every year. You rotate playing the other Divisions every 2 years. So 9 conference games, with the winner of the combined divisions meeting in the championship game.

EDIT: You could do the divisions a number of different ways, but the point being there are 4 five team divisions.

If the Big12 were smart they would look to merge with the Pac12. If I were making the decisions I would drop West Virginia, drop Baylor and then join with the Pac12 to for a 20 team conference. Split into 4 five team Divisions, and then you rotate your divisions. So it would look like this:

Central Division:
ISU
K-State
Kansas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.

South Division:
Texas
TCU
Texas Tech
Arizona
Arizona St.

Northwest Division
Oregon
Oregon St.
Washington
Washington St.
Utah

West Division
UCLA
USC
Colorado
Standford
Cal

You play each team in your division every year. You rotate playing the other Divisions every 2 years. So 9 conference games, with the winner of the combined divisions meeting in the championship game.

EDIT: You could do the divisions a number of different ways, but the point being there are 4 five team divisions.

Drop WV because of location and Baylor because of the scandal? I'm assuming that's why you chose those two to drop, but just wanted to clarify. OU and Okie State would be pissed about their SOS though. They'd always have both ISU and KU on their schedule. Gravy train.

Drop WV because of location and Baylor because of the scandal? I'm assuming that's why you chose those two to drop, but just wanted to clarify. OU and Okie State would be pissed about their SOS though. They'd always have both ISU and KU on their schedule. Gravy train.

You gotta drop WVU, they can't be playing West Coast teams, and yeah Baylor because of the scandles.

You can jumble up the division's however you want. I think the key is 4 divisions, and you rotate the division's you play, that way you get to play all the teams twice in a 6 year period. So the central divisions for example played years 1 & 2 vs the South division and you have the winner of the south/central play the winner of the NW/West division for the conference title. Then in year 3 & 4 you have the Central division play the NW division, and years 5 & 6 play the West division.

The Big 12 needed the ACC network not to become to fruition. It has and now the Big 12 is screwed. Adding Houston, Memphis or whoever is only prolonging the inevitable.