Big 10 this week

PimScutney

1) Michigan cannot compete against actual Big10 teams. I mean those teams that play defense and grind it out on the ground.

2) I love the Hawkeyes, but we should take a page out of OSU's book on how to put away teams, step on their necks and not let them up.

3) For those that look at observation 2 and ask what about Illinois, they aren't as bad as what we thought. But they're not that good, either. They just have a couple talented players. That keeps Zook around which is appealing considering the state of that program the last 3 or 4 years.

3) Michigan State is a good team. Their strength is the run game and Iowa's strength is up front on defense. I like how we match up. Should be another good game.

4) Penn State has major issues. They aren't playing well on either side of the ball. A Zook team should worry Paterno about as much as a cloudy day, but PSU got rolled. PSU's games are real snoozers and that can't be helping their recruiting.

5) What can you say about Minnesota that hasn't already been said? I won't pile on. Bottom line is Brewster hasn't moved that team forward at all. Too bad for Adam Weber because he seems like a decent kid.

I disagree with point number one. Michigan had some key turnovers that changed the game. I doubt Robinson will play that poorly against Iowa. I'm still very scared for this next game, especially now. Michigan will want to prove everybody and wrong and show they can shred a good defense too.

I disagree with point number one. Michigan had some key turnovers that changed the game. I doubt Robinson will play that poorly against Iowa. I'm still very scared for this next game, especially now. Michigan will want to prove everybody and wrong and show they can shred a good defense too.

Now you sound like Doctor Lou. Last year he said Wisky would have beaten Iowa but for the turnovers. Give the D some credit, they caused the turnovers.

1) Michigan cannot compete against actual Big10 teams. I mean those teams that play defense and grind it out on the ground.

2) I love the Hawkeyes, but we should take a page out of OSU's book on how to put away teams, step on their necks and not let them up.

3) For those that look at observation 2 and ask what about Illinois, they aren't as bad as what we thought. But they're not that good, either. They just have a couple talented players. That keeps Zook around which is appealing considering the state of that program the last 3 or 4 years.

3) Michigan State is a good team. Their strength is the run game and Iowa's strength is up front on defense. I like how we match up. Should be another good game.

4) Penn State has major issues. They aren't playing well on either side of the ball. A Zook team should worry Paterno about as much as a cloudy day, but PSU got rolled. PSU's games are real snoozers and that can't be helping their recruiting.

5) What can you say about Minnesota that hasn't already been said? I won't pile on. Bottom line is Brewster hasn't moved that team forward at all. Too bad for Adam Weber because he seems like a decent kid.

OSU is not the best example of point #2 to use. In fact, Tressel-ball is very similar to what Iowa does. Get a lead and then go very conservative offensively, and rely on defense and special teams to seal the deal.

Plenty of teams across the nation do something different (Oregon, Nebraska, etc.).

OSU is not the best example of point #2 to use. In fact, Tressel-ball is very similar to what Iowa does. Get a lead and then go very conservative offensively, and rely on defense and special teams to seal the deal.

Plenty of teams across the nation do something different (Oregon, Nebraska, etc.).

Add to that, but after the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter Ohio St played it's reserves and didn't score the rest of the game.

Latest posts