Bielema, Paul Rhoads Looking to Flip Top Iowa Pledge

Passive Kirk and his "I told him that he needs to do what's best for him and his family....but he knows that we would like him to be a Hawk" attitude assures that the kid is gone....it happens all the time. He simply does not care about winning any recruiting wars....why should he, when 7-5 is good enough???

I just can't imagine Paw convincing anyone to do anything. What's he going to say, "I was able to win three games a year at Iowa State." Wait, that is pretty impressive.

That's football, when you lose to an FCS and your team plays like crap, suddenly playing in the SEC seems kinda glamorous, even for proud paw.

If you watched the g
These programs aren't going to flip him barring some off-the-field disaster. That said, Iowa needs to have a good season to defend this class from blue chips from swooping in in feb.
If you watched the game today you can see that this team is no better than 6-6 or if lucky 7-5

He might get a chance to see how big of a dump it is over there at Nebraska and then he will become an even more solid commit for Iowa. Considering how much better of a place Iowa City is, and much better the facilities are here.

Look, I hate to see this stuff happen, but if Iowa can't put a better product on the field than why they have the last two weeks, elite talent like Calloway are wasting their time in IC. Every decent football school has a great atmosphere and facilities, it's about winning. I don't blame a 4-5 star recruit from exploring options.

BB & Paw Woads! Now that's a pair. Sooouuuuueeeeeeee! Those recruits will definitely happen if we finish very very good this year otherwise they'll be gone and KF will be feeling the heat big time!

Maybe you missed the memo......... Kirk has tenure at Iowa as long as he wants it. The buy out is too steep so we are stuck like a bad marriage without divorce options "for better or worse, till death do us part." :( KF will never feel the heat thanks to Barta.

Maybe you missed the memo......... Kirk has tenure at Iowa as long as he wants it. The buy out is too steep so we are stuck like a bad marriage without divorce options "for better or worse, till death do us part." :( KF will never feel the heat thanks to Barta.
Oh he'll feel the heat alright. Yes he's not going to get fired but that doesn't mean he's deaf. Just because he has that contract doesn't mean things can't change. Forcing him to make OC or DC changes is very possible. I know I wouldn't like to have 200,000 people after my butt. He'll feel the heat alright and so will Barta.

This has the makings (yawn) of 2014. We aren't a horrible team, but our offense is going to suck. Mainly because we our Iowa and we have to do it the "Iowa" way. Which is to be boring and slow.

I expect a lot of recruits to bail if we continue to look as bland as we have. Even if we win, it's ugly.

Granted if you come here as a db, you have great chance to make NFL

This has the makings (yawn) of 2014. We aren't a horrible team, but our offense is going to suck. Mainly because we our Iowa and we have to do it the "Iowa" way. Which is to be boring and slow.

I expect a lot of recruits to bail if we continue to look as bland as we have. Even if we win, it's ugly.

Granted if you come here as a db, you have great chance to make NFL
Iowa never strays from the way they play. Last year wasn't any different. It just so happened we didn't lose a game. Now why do you suppose all those fabulous recruits that have said Iowa is their choice wants to come here. I'm going to take it week by week and see if the team improves because it usually does. If it doesn't improve well I'll be feeling very down.

I don't follow these high school kids much as far as what they say when they commit to Iowa. Some said he said he was ending the recruiting process when he committed to Iowa. If he did say that and is now taking visits to other programs the kid has made his mind up of where he is not going.

Riddle me this Batman:

A Texas teenager from the school of hard knocks and a highly educated & successful 53yr old from Minnesota are together in a room taking a personality test:

Which one will score higher on the gullibility scale?

Latest posts