Betting threads

GhostofBTT

Banned
Could we please arrange to have the betting threads either not appear on the landing page (like the rivalry threads on CF) and then Pin can make one thread on the landing to indicate the lines are down, or make the wagers opt in to view.

Many times I will post in the morning, then go back to check around lunch, only to find that the topics I commented on have been bumped to the third page because there are 20 new betting threads.

These measures, I feel, would prevent clutter on the topic landing page.

These are the charges, as recorded on this day, the Fourteenth of Novemeber, 2012

Faithfully submitted,

GhostofBTT

Can't u just click on page 2 or 3 for just the one day I put up lines??

I could, but it's just a pain. It might be confusing for new users/lurkers too And you don't only do it once a week. This week you put up all of the NFL and MBB lines Saturday, and on Wednesday you put up the CFB lines.

You know, I'll have to agree with Ghost on this one. It's a good idea.ive had trouble finding Golfers posts because of it.

BUMP

JD, pls consider making the "For Fun Wagers" forum opt-in, like the Cave and OT.
The amount of wager posts that wrassle2mortgage is generating is ridiculous, and he's spamming the landing page without mercy. There are like a dozen posters who give a crap about these stupid bets; the rest of us don't want to see them. Mob rules, pal.
PLEASE make the betting forum opt-in.
Thanks in advance.

BUMP

JD, pls consider making the "For Fun Wagers" forum opt-in, like the Cave and OT.
The amount of wager posts that wrassle2mortgage is generating is ridiculous, and he's spamming the landing page without mercy. There are like a dozen posters who give a crap about these stupid bets; the rest of us don't want to see them. Mob rules, pal.
Thanks in advance.

Seems there's more like a dozen who DON'T want to see them, if this thread is any indication.

how bout you don't post every 2 mins and by the time you come back they won't be on the landing page. ppl want these betting threads and if i didn't post them there would be someone like yourself to complain about how i don't post enough games.

how bout you don't post every 2 mins and by the time you come back they won't be on the landing page. ppl want these betting threads and if i didn't post them there would be someone like yourself to complain about how i don't post enough games.

BOOM.gif

and scorp pretty sure you wanted to see these threads a few weeks back when you had viesels before you lost em all. why the sudden change?

aren't you jelly thread ring a bell?

Pin your doing great job, can't please everyone..

Keep it the way it is. I like that they fall on the landing page.

hey wrassle2grope, don't let your lofty mod status go to your head, boyo
I suggest you consider approaching your duties with a quality over quantity focus; pick the ten most compelling matchups (in whichever sports) for the week and post 'em. You don't need to flood the board with every who cares game on the slate.

hey wrassle2grope, don't let your lofty mod status go to your head, boyo
I suggest you consider approaching your duties with a quality over quantity focus; pick the ten most compelling matchups (in whichever sports) for the week and post 'em. You don't need to flood the board with every who cares game on the slate.
booyakasha.jpg

If I post ten that is going to flood the main page the mod thing has no bearing here you just have been complaining a lot when something isn't the way you want it and its just getting old.

I am here to help the site and do what Jon asked me to do I think it's a dumb thing to complain about when it can easily be avoided

BUMP

Thanks in advance.

He's not spamming the landing page. Quite frankly, if there is anyone in this site who could accuse someone of spamming the landing page and there wouldn't be any need of an investigation, that would be you ;)

Latest posts