Better team won

If we're talking about experience winning close games, I agree with you. MSU has been there, done that many times.

Overall playing experience, Iowa has 5 returning starters from year ago along with 1 SR, 2 JRs, and 2 SOs coming off the bench.

Yep, I should gave specified. MSU did not have the deer in the headlight look, Iowa did at the start of the game.

Iowa shot 43 free throws to 20 for MSU.
Even the refs tried to give the game to Iowa but, they couldn't do it.
Better team won.

The refs did not try to give the game to Iowa. Michigan State tried to give the game to Iowa with its pushy, handsy defense and passive, jump shooting offense, hence the free throw disparity.

Five losses in 5 games we could have and maybe should have won. Fact is they didn't. They are not capable of getting over that hurdle? It may have come down to FT shooting. I know it did this game and ISU.

May have? There is no freaking doubt it... 24-37 in regulation! 15 minutes without a FG from 10 minutes to go in regulation! One more damn FT in regulation, or one damn FG in the last 10 minutes and we win this game.... they could have determined the outcome but didn't!

I was saying that FT shooting may have cost them all 5 losses. As I said, I know it cost them tonight and against ISU!

I thought we played great defense , we missed free throws, we have no half court offense, and no closer. The officiating has been awful all year for everyone and we still haven't learned to win. Definitely disappointed with the loss, but we've got more games to play. As a team we need to talk less and play more. In spite of the stats if we can't run we're a disaster offensively.

Latest posts