Better dunk, Lebron or Griffin?

better dunk?

• Lebron

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Griffin

Votes: 29 60.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjjEtjwKHE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]LeBron James jumps over John Lucas for alley-oop: Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beThNGoTRR4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Blake Griffin's (DUNK OF THE YEAR!) Huge Dunk Over Kendrick Perkins Vs OKC 1.30.12 [NBA] HD - YouTube[/ame]

Both of those guys are freakishly great athletes. Man they would make fantastic football players.

By the way is Blake Griffin ebony or ivory?

Both of those guys are freakishly great athletes. Man they would make fantastic football players.

By the way is Blake Griffin ebony or ivory?

Here's a pic of Griffin with his parents:

Blake_Griffin_with_his_father_Tommy_Griffin_and_mother_Gail_Griffin.jpg

I saw lebron play in minneapolis, its hard to realize just how fast he is until you see him in person. everyone always says tight end, but he would be a dominant wr in the NFL.

I saw lebron play in minneapolis, its hard to realize just how fast he is until you see him in person. everyone always says tight end, but he would be a dominant wr in the NFL.

I agree on speed in person - the 'splosiveness of the first two or three steps toward the basket is unreal. I still think Jordan was faster than LeBron and Kobe, but those dudes are pretty quick. D. Rose ain't no slouch either.

Griffin's wasn't technically a dunk. His hand never got close to the rim. Therefore Lebron wins by default.

no, TECHNICALLY it was a dunk. You don't have to touch the rim (which he did), all you have to do is shoot downward with one or more hands above the rim (which he did).

no, TECHNICALLY it was a dunk. You don't have to touch the rim (which he did), all you have to do is shoot downward with one or more hands above the rim (which he did).

You're right, I didn't think he did but upon further review watching it in slow-mo it does look like his fingers grazed the rim.

I'm still sticking to my belief that you have to touch the rim for it to be classified as a dunk. Otherwise it's a layup. I'm not saying that's the technical definition but that's like, just my opinion man.

You're right, I didn't think he did but upon further review watching it in slow-mo it does look like his fingers grazed the rim.

I'm still sticking to my belief that you have to touch the rim for it to be classified as a dunk. Otherwise it's a layup. I'm not saying that's the technical definition but that's like, just my opinion man.

ha I know what you mean. And I'm sure that's how most people feel. But i don't think you should be punished for being athletic enough to jump high enough to throw the ball through the hoop from that far away. Still amazing.

I voted Lebron and for me not close. No disrespect to Griffin shot, his finger tips barely touch the rim. He basically threw the ball in. Not really a dunk to me..

I'm going with Griffin...and only because Lucas ducked...had he stayed tall and LeBron cleared him, yikes! Both of these guys can jump out of the arena...freaky good hops.

Last edited:
Griffin's was slightly better, IMO. LeBron's wasn't actually THAT impressive. Sure, he jumped over Lucas. Lucas is 5'11". LeBron routinely clears to that height (between his legs, anyway). Lucas just happened to under the flight. But otherwise, it was a routine alley-oop for LeBron.

FTR, neither of these are "Dunk of the Year" stuff, IMO. LeBron might get it just because of the visual appeal, but that was basically routine for him.

Griffin's was slightly better, IMO. LeBron's wasn't actually THAT impressive. Sure, he jumped over Lucas. Lucas is 5'11". LeBron routinely clears to that height (between his legs, anyway). Lucas just happened to under the flight. But otherwise, it was a routine alley-oop for LeBron.

FTR, neither of these are "Dunk of the Year" stuff, IMO. LeBron might get it just because of the visual appeal, but that was basically routine for him.

The dude was in his way and he jumped over him...it wasn't routine. But yeah, I agree, Griffins was better.

Nothing will ever beat Vince Carter in the Olympics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q]Vince Carter Dunk over Weis (best copy) - YouTube[/ame]

Is it me or does Griffin get hyped for some pretty lame dunks between this one, the same one last year, and the stupid car dunk, I don't get it.

Vince Carter in his prime is the best dunker I've ever seen. I never saw Jordan early in his career though and obviously never saw Dr J.

Latest posts