Beth has major coaching overhauls that need done

Scott Leclair

Basketball, football and now Wrestling. Time for a major overhaul. All 3 head coaches are to stubborn to change with the times, can’t get big time recruits or transfer players. They all 3 coach a boring, non aggressive style that doesn’t keep up with the changing of their sport.
All 3 have been great for Iowa but it’s just time to get some young coaching.

Bluder is the only coach still managing to get big time recruits and win.

Basketball, football and now Wrestling. Time for a major overhaul. All 3 head coaches are to stubborn to change with the times, can’t get big time recruits or transfer players. They all 3 coach a boring, non aggressive style that doesn’t keep up with the changing of their sport.

Yawn

^^^^This is the correct answer. Goetz will have to replace Kirk or Fran because they retire or they want to move on. I’m not a wrestling guy so I will let the other people help me out on this…if Cael Sanderson is unavailable is there anybody worth going after?

The OP is a Cyclone troll that got beat down so much in the ‘80’s and 90’s that he can’t even enjoy his squad getting a Sweet 16 now.

I’m not a wrestling guy so I will let the other people help me out on this…if Cael Sanderson is unavailable is there anybody worth going after?
Not until Spencer Lee retires. Even then it's money. PSU has exponentially more cash than any other team, and no one is even in the same zip code NIL-wise. Their wrestlers are also being supported by NLWC to continue their careers in freestyle which is the last nail in the coffin. Even if you convinced a guy to come to Iowa despite NIL money, at that elite skill level guys want Olympic gold and NLWC will let you do that for a living after your collegiate career. Money talks and bullshit walks, and until someone starts giving f-you money to the Hawks every year we're going to be getting what ever wrestlers PSU doesn't want. Talking to someone at HWC, Penn State is even giving money to their bench guys (who would start at any other D1 program).

Mind you, Spencer Lee isn't a magic bullet. He's HATED by Penn State people writing the checks.

This is the absolute dumbest thing that's ever been typed on this board. Bar none. Not even any close competition.

Also, to further highlight the stupidity (or ignorance) of this post, Tom Brands is contracted through 2029 and has $3,750,000 left on his contract. If you think a non-revenue sport is going to shell out 3 million bucks to get rid of a guy who's one of the best to ever wrestle or coach and is 277-27-1 at Iowa with 4 national championships...well then...I don't know if your brain malfunction is solvable by an internet board.

Jesus.

This is the absolute dumbest thing that's ever been typed on this board. Bar none. Not even any close competition.
Piss off turd. Anyone who lies about what people have posted and when asked to show proof runs away with his tail stuck between his cheeks has to be a turd.
Like i give a frogs fat ass who you think you might be. It’s called an opinion turd. Last time i checked anyone is entitled to an opinion. What’s dumb is how you blow so much smoke, tell so many lies and make up so much fake news and hide behind the “administrator” turd title. Now go ahead and cancel me like the moronic turd you are

Also, to further highlight the stupidity (or ignorance) of this post, Tom Brands is contracted through 2029 and has $3,750,000 left on his contract. If you think a non-revenue sport is going to shell out 3 million bucks to get rid of a guy who's one of the best to ever wrestle or coach and is 277-27-1 at Iowa with 4 national championships...well then...I don't know if your brain malfunction is solvable by an internet board.

Jesus.
That’s the issue. Fools like you who are happy with mediocracy. If you think i’m the only fan who thinks it’s time for the 3 HC to retire you are as dumb as a box of turds.

Piss off turd. Anyone who lies about what people have posted and when asked to show proof runs away with his tail stuck between his cheeks has to be a turd.
Like i give a frogs fat ass who you think you might be. It’s called an opinion turd. Last time i checked anyone is entitled to an opinion. What’s dumb is how you blow so much smoke, tell so many lies and make up so much fake news and hide behind the “administrator” turd title. Now go ahead and cancel me like the moronic turd you are
Put down the vodka, Nancy. No one's hiding behind any administrator title, and no one's cancelling you. I haven't canceled anyone here...in fact, I've had people even ask me to cancel them and I won't. So you can stop with the drama queen routine anytime now.

Btw, you're definitely entitled to your opinion. Thinking your opinion is dumb (which it is), is also allowed.

Thinking an athletic department is going to pay almost $4 million dollars to get rid of a non-revenue coach who has one of the best resumes of any coach in the history of the sport isn't just dumb, it's ignorant. By the way, I'd rather be ignorant than dumb, so you have that going for you.

When the stars align with PSU having some key injuries and/or off years, we may sniff a chance at the Natty, but, as Fry pointed out, those days of always being in the mix are long gone.

For the foreseeable future, this will be an annual battle for 2nd. While I have my occasional frustrations with Tom and Terry's management of the program, it's delusional to think that replacing them is somehow going to get the program back to the glory days.

As with all of the major sports, it's now all about NIL. Our best hope is that a billionaire booster comes out of nowhere and donates mega dinero. Sans that unlikely scenario, we will be wrestling's version of USA Hockey.

Latest posts