Beth Goetz Named UI Interim AD

Very Iowa thing to do. Will give her a leg up on seeking the job permanently. That said, there will be quality folks interested in this position. Let's hope the search process is comprehensive.

A comprehensive search makes sense, but don't sell Goetz short.

She has a stronger resume than Bowlsby or Barta did when they got the job.
I have no qualms if she gets the job. She is clearly qualified. I just want a fair search process conducted to get the very best AD possible. This feels a bit preordained.

Very Iowa thing to do. Will give her a leg up on seeking the job permanently. That said, there will be quality folks interested in this position. Let's hope the search process is comprehensive.

If the past few searches the U conducted mean anything she was hired for the job a few weeks ago and the "search" will be completely perfunctory.

Just to also get ahead on this…..if heaven forbid….lawsuits still find their way under the new regime…….Beth Goetzsued just like Barta.;)

Iowa needs a tough minded Alpha who can hold their own with other ADs and with agents. That is the intangible that I'd look for in picking the next AD. Yes they need to be smart, approachable and diplomatic too. Its a highly visible CEO of a multi-million dollar enterprise that requires a lot of different skills and experience.

Latest posts