Best & Worst of the Big Ten Week Five

O$U offense < Nebby defense
O$U defense > Nebby offense

Defense wins games. So, I think it'll be closer than expected.

O$U offense < Nebby defense
O$U defense > Nebby offense

Defense wins games. So, I think it'll be closer than expected.

tOSU has the sort of D that could force Nebraska to turnover the ball a bit. That doesn't help the Husker cause since they're already pretty good at turning the ball over.

Not unlike how turnovers by MSU helped keep tOSU in that game ... I think that turnovers could help keep tOSU in the game against the Huskers.

Besides, MSU are arguably better on D than the Huskers are this year.

By the way ... I too believe that tOSU loses ... but I think that it will be a closer margin than some folks here seem to believe.

As Jon said....idk who will get the ball to Posey....neither of OSU's Qb's can hit water from a boat....but Martinez is only marginally better....soooo....I'm calling it a wash. I think both teams lose this game.

Anybody who picks OSU to put a beat down on Nebby obviously didn't see OSU's game yesterday. The only way OSU wins is if the defense scores all the points (which is possible given T-Mart's passing ability). On a side note, I think it's only a matter of time before Martinez is knocked out of action. He took some serious hits last night.

OSU's offense is so inept I nearly vomited yesterday watching them. It's the worst offense i've ever seen at OSU by a wide margin.

Why is their offense so bad? I don't get how a team that recruits like OSU does can be that bad. Obviously their QBs are terrible but their line looks horrible too, although that could just be from no opponent respecting their passing offense.

Why is their offense so bad? I don't get how a team that recruits like OSU does can be that bad. Obviously their QBs are terrible but their line looks horrible too, although that could just be from no opponent respecting their passing offense.

They get an All Big Ten tackle back, and an All Big Ten running back. How could they not get better? Bauserman was sacked 4 times in the 4th quarter yesterday. I think they work on protecting him, getting the ball out faster, and establishing the LOS.

I'm fairly certain until the very late TD drive OSU had negative offensive yards in the 2nd half. Their offense was an absolute abomination. The QB position was obviously terrible, but their OL was repeatedly destroyed, and I think it goes to show how important it is to be offensively diverse, or at least threatening. I honestly think OSU should consider running an option-based offense, at least if they're going to stick w/ Miller. Miller can definitely run it, but his pocket passing is brutal. As for the players returning, I think they'll definitely help, but is Herron better than Berry? Questionable. Who's going to throw it to Posey? I think Adams definitely helps, but I think his impact will be diminished due to their QB ineptness.

As for the game Sat., OSU can still play solid, opportunistic D, and the Huskers love putting the ball on the ground....but OSU's offense yesterday was incredibly terrible, and I'm not sure what fixes can be provided in 1 wk. I think the Huskers are comparable to MSU, so I think it'll be another ugly OSU loss (ugly by play, not by score).

The question remains, though - how do you recruit players w/ that many stars and be that bad offensively? Scheme? Experience?

Anybody who picks OSU to put a beat down on Nebby obviously didn't see OSU's game yesterday. The only way OSU wins is if the defense scores all the points (which is possible given T-Mart's passing ability). On a side note, I think it's only a matter of time before Martinez is knocked out of action. He took some serious hits last night.

I don't think anyone is picking OSU to put a beat down on Nebraska, people (including me) don't think Nebraska will put a beat down on OSU because the OSU D is still pretty good and will keep them in games.

Nebby beats OSU at Nebby, maybe even at the shoe. OSU just doesn't look good this year. Zero offense. Too bad they didn't have the tat issue, the bad black shirts would start 0 and 2

Latest posts