Best win of the year IMO!

ForeverHawk

It's how they did it. Up by double digits in the first half, down by 3 at halftime. Down by double digits in the second half and pull out the win. Could do wonders for their confidence?

Not disrespecting the Wisky road win.

Last edited:
Nothing beats that Wisconsin win and the win at Minnesota was cool too. This one was great though because of the comeback. Down 10 points in the second half and we win. Marble's dunk had me going nuts.

Nothing beats that Wisconsin win and the win at Minnesota was cool too. This one was great though because of the comeback. Down 10 points in the second half and we win. Marble's dunk had me going nuts.

Yes, Marble's dunk was sick, even as Sampson was hacking his face off. Bad missed call.

After losing Floyd...this sweep and the wrester's win helps ease the hurt for us Hawkeyes in Goopherland.

Great win Hawks!

Marble has now earned this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E]Caddyshack Clip - License to kill gophers - YouTube[/ame]

Definitely the most timely win. Maybe this will shake off the general funk of waning confidence, weak attitude and all around out-of-sorts that 9-day break caused.

I was right at the edge of writing them off along the lines of the past 3 years. Now, can't wait 'till next game ... again!

I WAS WRONG! Especially about the mental weakness.

Very nice, most impressively, GUTTY win.

That was a great win !
This team may not have a lot of W's,but they hustle,are energetic & are exciting to watch ...if they could have split with purdue & won vs nebraska, they would have 14 wins now with 8 left plus big 10.
still have outside shot I spoose @ main tourney, if they finish at least 7-1 & win maybe 2 in tourney.....there non conference losses vs some subpar teams hurt, but its gotta count for something playing in the best conference.
I ain't counting on that happening,would be happy if they keep playin hard & finish strong & play in some postseason tourney..
Will be sad to see Gaten's finish his career @ Iowa without a trip to dance though !

i would say it could be our best win. the fact that we didnt play our up and down style of ball for 3/4 of the game means we had to adapt and gut it out. that is a sign of growth by the team. if you look at the game we didnt have a player really play their best game and as a team we didnt play great but we found a way to get the w. that is what good teams do they find ways to win when they dont have their "a" game.

Definitely the most timely win. Maybe this will shake off the general funk of waning confidence, weak attitude and all around out-of-sorts that 9-day break caused.

I was right at the edge of writing them off along the lines of the past 3 years. Now, can't wait 'till next game ... again!

Are you the man formerly know as Dweebbuster?

i would say it could be our best win. the fact that we didnt play our up and down style of ball for 3/4 of the game means we had to adapt and gut it out. that is a sign of growth by the team. if you look at the game we didnt have a player really play their best game and as a team we didnt play great but we found a way to get the w. that is what good teams do they find ways to win when they dont have their "a" game.

Totally agree with both posts here. This team definitely has the "clutch" gene in them in tight games. Gatens continues to hit the big threes at critical junctures, and Marble played relatively unremarkable game (it was solid, but not spectacular, statistically), but completely dominated the final minutes. Cartwright missed a pair of FT's, then nails two when we desperately needed them.

No way is this the best win of the year. There will be 8 or 9 better wins to come.

The keys continue to be Mel to stay focused, involved and put up some numbers and someone else.. whether it be May, Olgesby or Archie/Brommer/Gabe come up with an incredible few minutes here and there.

Gatens for the most part is gold, Marble, White and McCabe will be solid.

The question remains with Bryce. If he can play the on ball defense and have 5 to 7 assists (with only a couple of TO's) the Hawks will have by far the best season in over 5 years and balling somewhere beyond the Big Ten Tourney.

It will be fun to watch.

uuummm. Win at Wisconsin idk? that might be our best win just throwing that out there!

The wisky game has been brought up in this thread and it was a great win. But how the hawks pulled this out and the timing of the win to me makes it the best win of they year. I think it will influence the rest of the year more than the wisky win did at the time.

This win was great for many reasons. One factor that I hope the team remembers - if our defense doesn't get the strip that led to Marble's 3 pointer, they go up by 7 and our hopes for a comeback really fade.
Marble's three late offensive moves were fantastic but don't underestimate the role of our improved defense late (as well as during first 10 minutes).
For Hawks to keep winning, a combination of key offensive highlight reels PLUS key steals and defensive stops.

Latest posts