Best rose bowl gear/souveniers?

Scotttyd

Just curious what is the best shirts, hats, etc that you have seen? I want to by something pretty sweety - like a tiger hawk with a rose in his mouth I broke out my tacky orange bowl shirt for the BIG Championship game - it was tacky as hell, but loved it.

looks like people are selling old stuff on ebay - chance to capitalize on the market I guess

8460_56673670806898.39559840_RoseBowl2016Ladies_large_f293be96-20a7-4253-b3b2-fb19430a6cb7_large.jpeg

As much as I appreciate everything Hayden Fry did for Iowa football, I'm really glad he's not coaching the 2016 Iowa Rose Bowl bound Hawkeyes. All 3 of his RB teams always looked un-prepared and not ready to play. We got our butts handed to us in the 82, 86 & 91 Rose Bowls.

isu has won 3 bowl games in 136 years,ricky stanza won three bowl games in three years ,cj beatheard will win 2 in 2 years

yeah, thats not cool. Probably designed by an ISU fan
Made by the same company that made the idiotic shirts about Fran last year when he was got frustrated with questions about Woodbury's eye pokes. I'll never buy anything from them.

Made by the same company that made the idiotic shirts about Fran last year when he was got frustrated with questions about Woodbury's eye pokes. I'll never buy anything from them.

Lighten up Francis.....that's ISU talk right there...."So-and-so dissed us! Let's boycott them and their sponsors!!"

As much as I appreciate everything Hayden Fry did for Iowa football, I'm really glad he's not coaching the 2016 Iowa Rose Bowl bound Hawkeyes. All 3 of his RB teams always looked un-prepared and not ready to play. We got our butts handed to us in the 82, 86 & 91 Rose Bowls.

Bowl preparation is a tricky thing, as both Fry and Ferentz have learned. OK, only Kirk has had some success on the bigger stages. Still Hayden Fry's best Baylor team won a Cotton Bowl, a pretty heady thing back then. And when it came to bowls other than the Rose Bowl, the only times Hayden lost was when his teams were in a downward spiral anyway (as the team the next season failed to meet expectations - '84, '89, '92 [tie], '94 and '98.

As for the Rose Bowls, both Kirk and Hayden let the spotlight get to them in their first big bowl (Fry-Rose, '82; Ferentz-Orange, '03). Former All-American OL Mike Haight, who was a true freshman on that first Rose Bowl team likened it as a "trip to Oz". As for the '91 Rose Bowl, I thought that, with the talent at Washington, we played as well as could be expected. Miami hammered us far worse that season - we were a good, not great team. And in '86, sometimes you play games where everything that could go wrong does - and it sure did that year. I will not comment further on that game.

But FRY is the coach with probably THE finest bowl win by ANY Iowa team, taking a marginal Iowa team to the Sun Bowl in 1995, after enduring a nasty four-game losing streak, and absolutely blitzing a Washington team that many felt should have been in the discussion for the national championship.

And in terms of being prepared, don't forget that KFz claimed that last December may have been THE finest EVER month of practice for an Iowa team getting ready for a bowl (sure looked like it, didn't it???).

Ultimately, it's still a game played by 18-22 year olds. And after they haven't played competitive football for about a month (more or less, you just don't know how they will respond on game day, no matter how well prepared they were.

As for Rose Bowl gear, you have to remember that, if there is any reference to a rose or the bowl, all that merchandise is controlled by the Rose Bowl folk. And that doesn't inspire much confidence in me.

In Fry's first year, the Rose Bowl sued a number of Iowa vendors for infringement of laws. But their own gear was so bland, nothing and expensive, it was hard to justify buying any of it. Clearly, they knew nothing about Iowa and were content to let Iowa buy their second-rate garbage. Especially in light of how well Fry marketed the tiger-hawk in the previous couple of years, the gear from Pasadena was mortifying.

I find it hard to believe anything has changed. The Rose Bowl would still own the rites to all that stuff. Let's just hope they do a better job than they have. But don't hold your breath.