Best Premium Board

1st

Which of the TOS's has the best premium board? Maybe none of them are worth the money with the way Twitter has become so popular and so much free stuff available including the great work Jon does on this site.

Used to be a member on Hawkeyereport. Not worth the10 bucks a month for info that you would find out a few hours or minutes later anyway. Jon does great write ups here with opinion free. Can't stand the fluff that Kakert comes up with. He will never offer any critism even when things went horribly south under Lick.

Used to be a member on Hawkeyereport. Not worth the10 bucks a month for info that you would find out a few hours or minutes later anyway. Jon does great write ups here with opinion free. Can't stand the fluff that Kakert comes up with. He will never offer any critism even when things went horribly south under Lick.

those sites are slowly going the way of the dinosaur. and reporters are careful not to get blackballed from ft kinnick. kirk has admitted that he reads what's out there, and appears to be the type to hold a bit of a grudge.

on HI i got banned for posting about Clemmons getting a offer. i guess the Mods didn't like their non paying members knowing about the offer until they were ready to tell them

I was a member on both rivals and scout for several years, mostly to follow recruiting and get inside info.

The inside info aspect across the board has pretty much dried up due to the sites being seen as legit media now a days. Admins can't really post what they are hearing like they could several years ago. There are a few posters at each place that provide info, but not a lot.

So that leaves recruiting, and think rivals has better iowa coverage and national coverage. I like Rob and think he does a good job, but I didn't find myself visiting the scout site much over the past year, so I cancelled my annual subscription in October.

I'm curious to see how the 24/7 site does, they seem to have a focus on recruiting, which I think is key if they are going to make it.

Unless you want to know how the recruit's meal was at Texas Roadhouse or how breakfast was at Ferentz house on Sunday morning, its not worth it.

the thing i hated about HR, was this fall when they had info on how a recruit was doing during the HS season they kept it premium, which is sad because if some one had the areas paoer the kid played in you could read it for free online

The HR mods are quick to delete a post (or entire thread) on the free boards if you post any recruiting info before they do.

247 sports has a lot more frequent recruiting updates than HawkeyeReport, plus the added bonus that their articles don't read like something a 12 year old would write.

The best thing about premium boards is that trolls are almost non-existent. I wish Jon would create an invite-only board that would be highly regulated to minimize what accounts for 90% of the highjacked threads and minimizes the "moped" posts.

He could call it the Hawkeyenation Grown-up Board.

iahawk72

iahawk72, I like that idea!

I'll second.

One thing I will say about the Scout premium board is the magazine is pretty nice. I do not subscribe but a friend does and passes along the magazines (yeah I am cheap). They are good bathroom material and my die hard 7 year old Hawk fan loves them.

It's been about 2-3 years since I was a member of Scout but the BIG diff is the msg boards for free and premium members. The sky doesn't fall everyday, none of the shenanigans and name calling. Much more civil and on topic.

That's the only site I belonged to so it's been a while.

1st. 247sports
2nd HR.com
Dead last and don't recommend is Scout.com.... It was awesome til Jon left

1st. 247sports
2nd HR.com
Dead last and don't recommend is Scout.com.... It was awesome til Jon left

Exactly. I've been a member of 247sports for the last three months and have known about information almost two or three days before any of my friends who are on Scout.com or Rivals.

I prefer that it's really just devoted to recruiting. Sure it has some off topic discussions and some users who feel they need to pad their posts for some reason, but the quality of information I get from VotH is worth it. Plus, I don't have to put up with the overly Iowa homerism and apologies for Ferentz every other day I get on other boards, including this one. I get it straight over there.

Latest posts