Best places to tailgate in Iowa City

The parachute pants are coming on...

Two white boys on my dorm floor (Rienow) frosh/soph year (1983/84) had parachute pants, and wore them in public. True story. :eek:

So was it your friends idea to wear them, or yours? :p

No way, I was still full-blown preppy in those years. Rugby shirts, OP corduroy shorts, topsiders.
And a middle part in my hair. Yeah, that's right. :eek:

Hell, I didn't know Hancher was free. I live in Parklawn just up the hill, so I usually do my own thing with a few friends in the lot right behind the building. But I had a couple friends from out of town in IC for the OSU game last year, and we went in that lot because we didn't want to pay to go to an official tailgating lot.

Might just have to move down the hill now.

For sure...there's one old coot, works for UI, who just waves you right in!

As corny as it sounds...We park at the train and tailgate out there. Its a decent place to tailgate if you don't mind gravel. Getting home is quick. get off the train and Straight onto 80 or head down to tiffin and get on there.

As corny as it sounds...We park at the train and tailgate out there. Its a decent place to tailgate if you don't mind gravel. Getting home is quick. get off the train and Straight onto 80 or head down to tiffin and get on there.

We have a few in the train parking lot and then take the train. Parking if free. $10 for a train ticket.

We still meet up with our tailgating crew behind 609 Melrose. Been in the same location since 1988.

Anyone know what time the shuttle from Hancher starts running?

I believe it's 90-120 minutes before kickoff.

Now that they're closing parts of the old RV parking lot @ Kinnick due to the new construction, I'm wondering if there will be spillage from them into Hancher??

Latest posts