Best Iowa team ever

austinhawk

Iowa is 22-3 since last March 2nd. Could the next month of games push this team to the all time greatest span of Iowa basketball winning %?

Easy now... we haven't even beat a ranked team yet this year. If we win this tourney, we'll get some love from the pollsters and jump into national prominence. Until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Easy now. We could be very good but remember two nights ago we played like garbage and almost didn't beat Xavier. Optimism is fine if it's cautious....:)

Where do you come up with 22 wins and three losses since last March 2. They finished last year with seven wins and three losses. This year they've won seven straight. By my count that's 14 and three, not 22 and three.

unless they get to a final 4, no, it won't be. the tom davis team with raveling's recruits (1986-87) will continue to hold top spot.

Marble senior played on a very, very good team. I honestly don't think this team is as good as that team was. I believe that team held a record for several years for the number of players drafted to the NBA in any given year. A former Iowa first baseman told me that we held the record from that team. That was about 15 years ago. I don't know if that is still true or not or if some other team finally broke that record. I am merely going by what this former Haweye told me and I think he read about it in a major publication.

Roy Marble, Brad Lohaus. BJ Armstrong were three that I can think of right off the top of my head. I am also thinking of another forward from that team that was drafted but I can't remember his name. I want to say Kevin Gamble or something like that. Am I missing someone?

I believe that was also Coach Tom Davis first year as an Iowa coach. Brad really struggled his first two years but came on strong under the Coaching of Davis his junior year and carried that forward his senior year. I think Woodbury will do the same. By the time he is a senior we will all be lamenting his departure and wish he had another year. Brad looked just as ineffective if not more in his sophomore year as Woodbury has thus far.

Easy now... we haven't even beat a ranked team yet this year. If we win this tourney, we'll get some love from the pollsters and jump into national prominence. Until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

If we win tonight I'm considering it a win over a ranked team.

Where do you come up with 22 wins and three losses since last March 2. They finished last year with seven wins and three losses. This year they've won seven straight. By my count that's 14 and three, not 22 and three.
Playing in Europe was very beneficial

Latest posts