Best Hawkeye News in the Last Four Years

All of that is fine and dandy until we see it on the field. Everyone thought things would be different under Davis and Brain as well (for better or for worse), and it wasn't.

Well it’s normal for fans to want to have hope with every change. As Hawk fans we know change doesn’t come easy for Kirk and the powers that be.

Just the slightest improvement for the offense could be significant for the over all team. The defense just needs a break once in awhile so that they aren’t gassed going into the late third quarter and fourth quarters.

I totally agree with your comments on this thread. In the past I understood your support of keeping a Kirk around whom over all has been consistently well above average in results in the B1G. Not too many coaches can say that and we have seen many come and go over the many years with the other schools in the conference.

I also agree that it was highly likely that he had ambitions of Brian stepping in and taking his place. Would have been a great story line had it of worked out.

The old coaches and Lester don't need to be best friends. They just need to work together and try not to sabotage the offense.

But let's be honest, Kirk Ferentz is no longer interested in trying new things. He certainly is not interested in blowing things up and starting over from scratch. He has a formula that consisently produces 8-10 wins a year and he is sticking with it. Once it becomes obvious his formula no longer works, he will then quit rather than change.

The old coaches and Lester don't need to be best friends. They just need to work together and try not to sabotage the offense.

But let's be honest, Kirk Ferentz is no longer interested in trying new things. He certainly is not interested in blowing things up and starting over from scratch. He has a formula that consisently produces 8-10 wins a year and he is sticking with it. Once it becomes obvious his formula no longer works, he will then quit rather than change.

The repeated sequence of run right two yard, run right one yard, two yard pass, and punt, then we will see your’s and Fryowa’s prediction validated. Gawd help us all that you both are wrong, unfortunately I fear you both are likely correct.

I honesty believe that even with the worst rated offense in college football, Kirk would have touted the ten win season as a great success and reason to keep Brian on if it was his decision. I am sure of it. Beth however had seen enough of the great offensive shit show and pulled the plug on Brian. Praises be.

Now we all sit and wait for Kickoff.

I have never bought into the view that KF was not going to change anything due to his commitment to complementary football. I think any coach not committed to that basic construct is a fool.
The new O is Shanahan picked up by Lester and modified further by his experiences as a player and coach. Additionally, his time with the Packers put him in touch with another Shanahan disciple, Matt LaFluer. I posted several times earlier in the OC search that NFL coaches should be the priority. We came pretty close to my opinion.
I have never bought into the view that KF was not going to change anything due to his commitment to complementary football. I think any coach not committed to that basic construct is a foo
The new O is Shanahan picked up by Lester and modified further by his experiences as a player and coach. Additionally, his time with the Packers put him in touch with another Shanahan disciple, Matt LaFluer. I posted several times earlier in the OC search that NFL coaches should be the priority. We came pretty close to my opinion.
Oopsy
Nope. Just a Huck Finn catastrophe.

All the skeptics are flying in the face of Lester's words in every interview. There have already been player interviews that talk about the degree of change.

That guy from Texas changed the offense when he arrived. The original KO'K offense didn't stick to the safe running plays by any means.

Personal opinion, I think BF was an OL and approached the game like a lineman. Just try and run it up the opponent's ass. Not creative.

BF didn't know anything about QBs and QB play. That became apparent once Nate Stanley and the ISM Smith receivers were gone. If you look at the numbers, there's a bright line crash after those guys were gone. If a reader looks at the offensive production in Nate's final season and where it came from and compares it with the last two Iowa offenses would strain even the limits of incredulity.

The repeated sequence of run right two yard, run right one yard, two yard pass, and punt, then we will see your’s and Fryowa’s prediction validated. Gawd help us all that you both are wrong, unfortunately I fear you both are likely correct.

I honesty believe that even with the worst rated offense in college football, Kirk would have touted the ten win season as a great success and reason to keep Brian on if it was his decision. I am sure of it. Beth however had seen enough of the great offensive shit show and pulled the plug on Brian. Praises be.

Now we all sit and wait for Kickoff.
I think the strange direct port language worked both ways. I'm sure KF knows that complimentary football isn't a 10 ppg offense. That contract allowed KF to avoid personally firing BF.

Latest posts