Best Hawkeye Movie

HawkeyeGold

read an article on yahoo that listed movies that featured all the MLB teams. some of the movies the team was mentioned, some the team was featured, ie sandlot-dodgers, rookie of the year-cubs. Got me thinking, what are the best Hawkeye Movies? I started a list just off the top of my head that have some Hawakeye connection.

1. Personal Effects-ashton Kutcher is a Hawkeye Wrestler. choose this one b/c Iowa Wrestling is a major part of the movie

others that mention Iowa:
-waterboy-waterboy's team plays iowa
-The Program-one of the opponents
-(tv sitcom Coach-Loosely based off of Hayden Fry, shows shots of Iowa City/Kinnick)

any that you would add to the list?

wasn't iowa an opponent in necessary roughness the movie?

iowa was also mentioned in the movie about the black college basketball team. i forget the name of the movie

I believe Iowa is mentioned (losing) on Biff's car radio in "Back to the Future 2" ... if that counts.

In the movie Glory Road, Iowa plays Texas Western (UTEP) and loses. Even though Iowa loses, it's still a pretty good movie.

wasn't iowa an opponent in necessary roughness the movie?

iowa was also mentioned in the movie about the black college basketball team. i forget the name of the movie

Sorry didn't see your post, but this is the movie you were referring to. ^^

"Can't Buy Me Love"-circa late 80's.

Ronald's paid girlfriend's boyfriend comes back from "Iowa" and shames her in pretty dramatic fashion.

Wikipedia-"At a New Year's Eve party Ronald gets pretty drunk, goes into the bathroom with a girl and has sex with her. Cindy walks by and hears Ronald reciting to this girl the very poem that she (Cindy) had written. She's completely devastated, so she starts drinking heavily. Later, as a surprise Bobby (Cindy's boyfriend) shows up at the party from the University of Iowa as he still has strong ties with most of the athletes. After he learns about her relationship with Ronald through a few of the athletes, Cindy is brutally dumped in front of a lot of people. In anger and frustration she tells the party-goers the truth about her relationship with Ronald and his "cool" pretenses. She scolds her friends for falling for his act and for being "a bunch of followers"."

Fast forward to 1:08:25---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taS5VBhF7J4

Remember this one? Iowa's not really an opponent in this, but it is a fascinating video with Iowa football helmets (for some unknown reason).

[video=youtube_share;TGbwL8kSpEk]http://youtu.be/TGbwL8kSpEk[/video]

Remember this one? Iowa's not really an opponent in this, but it is a fascinating video with Iowa football helmets (for some unknown reason).

[video=youtube_share;TGbwL8kSpEk]http://youtu.be/TGbwL8kSpEk[/video]

We got to get those girls here for a halftime show or something!

The best Hawkeye movie was....

The+Last+of+the+Mohicans.jpg

The movie "Country" you can hear the yaba daba doo diddty thing in the back ground and Wilford Brimley says something about Fry's got it going.

The movie "The Big Chill" ste in Michigan, they were talking about Michigan, in the scene about the Wolverines big game was against Iowa.

Tom Arnold's "The Jackie Thomas Show" a short lived sit com from the early 90's. He kept an iowa helmenton the set and wore a jersey and referenced the hawkeyes a lot. Lousey show but watched it for iowa references.

At the end of Hiding Out, Jon Cryer's character enrolls at Iowa with his jailbait girlfriend. But nobody should have to watch that movie.

Hawkeye from M*A*S*H?.......wasn't a big M*A*S*H guy so I don't know if there was a connection or not. I realize people under 30 don't know what i am talking about, but oh well.