Best DL in BigTen

One game at a time

a loss at AU in week 3 is realistic

sorry ... reality sucks and lets wait until mid October fellas

One game at a time

a loss at AU in week 3 is realistic

sorry ... reality sucks and lets wait until mid October fellas

What will waiting until mid-October prove? We bring back four starters, we know what they can do. It's not like this is based on hype for incoming freshmen.

A loss at Arizona is certainly possible but a win is more realistic. And reality is we are a preseason top ten team, which certainly does not suck.

Fans can. Last I checked, they don't make the plays

Exactly. People that claim "let's take it one game at a time" have always baffled me. If anyone honestly thinks that a fan dreaming of a national title has any impact on the success or lack thereof of the team, they are dilusional. That's the beauty of this time of year. Every team is undefeated and the fans can still dream about what's to come.

People also need to remember that a loss to Arizona won't ruin our season. It would most likely knock us out of the National Championship Race, true, but it would not mean we couldn't still win all our Big Ten games and go to the Rose Bowl. Assuming we go 10-2 for the whole season, I'd rather one of those losses be to Arizona on the road than to Northwestern on the road.

"People also need to remember that a loss to Arizona won't ruin our season. It would most likely knock us out of the National Championship Race, true, but it would not mean we couldn't still win all our Big Ten games and go to the Rose Bowl. Assuming we go 10-2 for the whole season, I'd rather one of those losses be to Arizona on the road than to Northwestern on the road."

Perfectly said, if we're going to loose a game, or have the token lost we shouldn't have had, this is the one to do it, this is our Mulligan right here.
I'd rather loose to AZ on the road vs NW every day of the week and twice on sunday.

and frankly, pending how the rest of the b10 shapes out this year, and i really don't think (at least pre season) that anyone in the SEC is going to escape with out any losses, an 11-1 big ten champion still can go to the big dance--- i think whatever big ten team that finishes 11-1(presuming the 1 loss is non conf) they will go to title game this year. outside of Boise State, i don't' think there is any 12-0's this year(well 12-0s that can make bcs title game).... even Alabama (although i can see them in the title game too at 11-1)

Fans can. Last I checked, they don't make the plays

+1. I am going to always be optimistic about the season. Im not going to worry about any game before the season starts. We are not the players or the coaches, we can say whatever we want it will not affect a thing on how the season turns out. Im going to have high hopes for the season, but im also not going to go on suicide watch if we happen to lose a few games.

Ha - one game at a time. As if internet message boards and Jon Miller's career would exist if fans followed that rule.

By the way, Rittenberg is concerned about our d-line depth? Aren't we actually fairly deep? At least with Daniels, we have a 5th starter.

i was thinking the same thing Adam said! i thought our dline was pretty stocked--- even our 2nd team front four were studs?? Not the case!?

Latest posts