Best and Worst

WDMHAWKEYE

Looking at the 2017 scholarship distribution chart what position group do you think is the best and worst?

Best - OL
I really like the 15 players Iowa has on scholarship and I like how the scholarships are distributed. The next couple of years I truly believe they are sitting pretty nice.

Worst - DT or WR
Both of these positions need to be added to and improved. DT is just so important for what Iowa does on the defense side of the ball. For the WR Iowa just needs to improve speed.

I'm going to say WR and only WR until every MAC school has been poached and then I think we need to look at QB.

The defense i think is going to be fine, in fact it should be even better next year. Nobody at the QB spot really excites me. I could be wrong and Stanley proves to be worthy but I guess I would go find the Nation's number 1 QB and do what the other schools do and promise him the starting roll. Let him play 4 years so we know what we have and can build around him.

OL simply because with KF early in the season that traditionally has been a problem regardless of NFL hype and KF hype. Shapes the rest of the season. Even slow receivers can get open if there is time.

QB would be a close 2nd due to
1. Lack of playing time the year before by the new guy.
2. Senior issues with KF.

That said I still think the QB problem this year is the line and a knee/other injury issue. One can't look at videos from 15 and 16 and not come to that conclusion.