Benny Sapp III commits to Goofs for 2018

What are the opening odds that he finishes up at UNI?
The thing is, Benny Sapp would probably say that getting booted off the Iowa squad and ending up at UNI was probably the best thing that happened to him in his football career. Not that he couldn't have been great at Iowa, but he matured a lot from that experience.

The thing is, Benny Sapp would probably say that getting booted off the Iowa squad and ending up at UNI was probably the best thing that happened to him in his football career. Not that he couldn't have been great at Iowa, but he matured a lot from that experience.
I'd believe that. Lot's of kids when they go off to college be it a D1 athlete or not have adjustments to that life at first. He seemed to get it together and went on to have more then a cup of coffee in the NFL. Kudos to him for that. Now in the blink of an eye he has a kid going off to college next year. That's crazy to me.

I am going to bet right now that Fleck will have a lot of decommits. He pressures kids hard to commit. Just like he did with Creamer and Smith-Marsette.

From the linked article: "Sapp III, who is 6 feet and 183 pounds, said Minnesota was his 26th offer on Monday. He has been given three stars and has other reported offers from Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State and Georgia, according to 247sports.com."

Along with the phrase "oral commitment", the phrase "other reported offers" could using some sussing out. With those mentioned offers on the table, no recruit is committing to the Gophers or probably the Hawkeyes, this early.

Sapp tore his ACL and missed all last year. Those bigger offers are probably no longer on the table.

Latest posts