Ben Krikke Felt Good About Hawkeyes Early On

It took Rebracca basically a year to adjust to B1G basketball. Krikke’s learning curve will have to be much faster.

Sidenote: The meet and greet with people who cover the program, it was announced that Perk will be the starting point guard. Imo, I don’t think he is a full-time point guard, but we will see how this plays out.

It took Rebracca basically a year to adjust to B1G basketball. Krikke’s learning curve will have to be much faster.

Sidenote: The meet and greet with people who cover the program, it was announced that Perk will be the starting point guard. Imo, I don’t think he is a full-time point guard, but we will see how this plays out.
If this is true than

1) Fran doesn't think Bowen is ready and/or
2) he wants to play a bigger lineup like usual.

They do have their first overseas trip in a few years later this summer and the extra practice time you get is probably more invaluable than the games.

We saw how inconclusive the games on those trips can be in 2018. Iowa demolished everyone they faced, then went on to the worst season in years.

Interesting.... So who's starting next to him? Not Bowen then Dix perhaps? Makes for an interesting lineup with that being the case. From what we've seen of TP I'm not totally sold on the idea but I suppose we'll see..

Experience is vital in the B1G and Tony has experience. Yes, he has shown he can be inconsistent and that has got to change if Iowa is going to be competitive this upcoming season. Hopefully this new big man coming in will fit the bill for what we need under the basket. Fran has been pretty good in this area. It's the point guard position that has needed some upgrading.

I'll be shocked if Bowen isn't the G that handles most of the 1 duties, I think they just want Tony to have the ball in his hands as much as possible and to have that mentality coming into the season.

I'll be shocked if Bowen isn't the G that handles most of the 1 duties, I think they just want Tony to have the ball in his hands as much as possible and to have that mentality coming into the season.
I hope you are right in that Bowen is developing into a top point guard that Iowa really needs. Tony has shown moments when he looks awesome then the next game struggle. If he can develop his consistency that would be huge. I am hoping that both Bowen and Tony have great years. If so Iowa will be right in the mix and be looking at another NCAA bid.

I hope you are right in that Bowen is developing into a top point guard that Iowa really needs. Tony has shown moments when he looks awesome then the next game struggle. If he can develop his consistency that would be huge. I am hoping that both Bowen and Tony have great years. If so Iowa will be right in the mix and be looking at another NCAA bid.
I think Tony was fighting some back issues early in the year last year. Also, he struggled with extra attention in the scouting report. It takes some time to adjust right, plus, he's playing both the 1 and the 2. That takes some getting use to.

I typically look at how someone finished a year for more indication on how they will play next season. If you look at how he ended the year at least from a scoring aspect, I think you started to see his game elevate. Over the last 10 games he averaged over 16 points a game and had 5 games over 20 points which was by far and away the best he's played in his career.

Latest posts