Ben Brust to play in All-American Game

Hey, coming out of high school, not even Evan Turner was an Evan Turner kind of difference maker! Good recruit, yes. POTY possibility? No way.

So--you never know! They key is to continue to recruit good athletes who are skilled and motivated, and every now and then you'll get lucky and one will develop beyong what anyone expected.

For example--Ronnie Lester!

No, I'm not comparing Brust to any of them...but that's just it: You never know.

The key is recruiting good basketball players, the kind that other Big Ten schools recruit. If luck is going to be the ingredient to success, your going to have a lot of losing seasons. (like we have already)

Who on our roster would be in the starting 5 for any of the good Big Ten teams this year?

You have a hard time making an argument for anyone. Thats how far off we are, as far as talent.

So, what do you think he can do next year? Start next to Cully? Rising Stars backcourt reunited? Average 10 off the bench?

Do I think that he will start right away? No.

Do I think that he has the potential to start? Yes.

Do I think that he will average 10ppg? I would love to see it.

He brings an aspect that this team doesn't currently have. A pure scorer, not a shooter, but a scorer.

Do I think that he will start right away? No.

Do I think that he has the potential to start? Yes.

Do I think that he will average 10ppg? I would love to see it.

He brings an aspect that this team doesn't currently have. A pure scorer, not a shooter, but a scorer.

I remember hearing the same song about Cully Payne, and he struggles to finish a layup.

What makes Ben Brust a pure scorer? What specifically?

IH89,
By Derrick Rose type, I assume you are referring to the type of basketball player and not ACT/SAT test taker? ;) Honestly, it is no secret that we need at least 1 "difference maker" type recruit to become relevant again. At first glance, and based off posts on this board, I don't see it coming in this class. Role players we will have in spades!

Latest posts