Been 5 days, here are my new thoughts...

Iowa loses 61 to 9? I doubt that!

If Iowa does lose by 50 or thereabouts then the coaching staff has not only lost the team it's hopelessly lost.

I would also rather play for a calm, respected coach who puts players in the NFL than a Pelini type of person. Also, when Iowa doesn't lose by 52 you might want to tell everyone you were dumb for starting this thread.

Yeah, 52 is a bit ridiculous...I don't see it being a point over 47.

All kidding aside, I think we keep it close, probably don't get the win though. And to whoever said we would keep Bama close...surely you can't be serious.

i will eat crow and then never post here again, but only if you do the same when Iowa covers your 51 point spread. K?

to be fair, my spread is 40.. Ive stated that already on multiple threads that UM wins by at least 40.. I just think itll be 61-9

Ok man, I understand you're mad, and justifiably so ...

But you gotta get your facts right. Kirk Ferentz has actually recruited well at Iowa. Last year's recruiting class was #22 according to Scout.com. And Kirk Ferentz's philosophy has been a major positive for this recruiting. Since Iowa runs a pro-style attack, they in fact are more likely to attract good QBs, TEs, and RBs. Look at Jake Rudock. Look at CJF. Had Fiedorowicz gone to a spread team, he would've likely never received the blocking training and experience necessary to succeed at the next level. There's a reason Iowa has sent so many TEs to the NFL, and it's not because we promise that we'll throw it to them 10 times a game while we're already up by 20 points.

And do you even realize how valuable Coker is as a RB? Yes, he's a little slow footed. But he has good power and vision, and better yet, he's an asset pass blocking/receiving throws out of the backfield.

Iowa probably doesn't win the PSU game in 2008 in KOK and KF are ballsy enough to throw it on third down to get the extra yardage Murray needed for his kick. They managed the game very well in the final drive against Michigan State in 2009. And had they not gone to the no-huddle against Pitt this year, we'd be looking at a 4-4 team.

Iowa wouldn't give up 60+ points to anyone. For one, the offensive and defensive philosophy that you obviously despise doesn't allow for enough big plays to score 60+ points. There just wouldn't be enough time in the game. And don't get me wrong, I think Iowa could definitely lose Saturday, possibly by double digits. But you're giving Michigan too much credit if you think they'll win by that much on the road against a team that, despite a lackluster performance last week, has managed to win 5 games.

In 2008, Kirk Ferentz coached Iowa to a 55-0 win over a much better Minnesota team than the one they lost to last weekend. What does that have to do with this year's team--nothing. But it speaks plenty to KF's ability as a coach.

The worst part about the complete meltdown this week is that the Hawks are not out of the conference title race. I hope that Saturday is the first step in that direction. GO HAWKS!

I can't tell if you're brain damaged or a troll.

'Majorly disappointed' if Coker is the starter in 2012? GTFO

Coker, a sophmore ,leads the Big Ten in rushing yards/game(122) and is more than ten yards/game ahead of the #2 rusher in the league,Silas Redd(111). Yet,he should not start for Iowa next year?

And Iowa is going to lose 61-9 to Michigan in Kinnick on Saturday?

Ok,if Iowa does not lose by 40,you have to go away and never return to this site,and I will do the same if they do get beat by 40....deal?

Coker, a sophmore ,leads the Big Ten in rushing yards/game(122) and is more than ten yards/game ahead of the #2 rusher in the league,Silas Redd(111). Yet,he should not start for Iowa next year?

And Iowa is going to lose 61-9 to Michigan in Kinnick on Saturday?

Ok,if Iowa does not lose by 40,you have to go away and never return to this site,and I will do the same if they do get beat by 40....deal?

I think we have better backs than coker, with more breakaway speed to finish the runs. My opinion.

Money talks.. make it monetary WITH the additional you leave/I leave pot, and we have a deal.

First off, don't type a short story rant and then tell people "don't respond if you don't agree" This is a forum...anyways....Your theory says that if we change our scheme, the 5 star recruits will come running for Iowa...doubtful...the biggest pitch Iowa has to recruits is Ferentz! You can party anywhere. Yes, obviously were hurting on defense and need to build it back up. Coker is a very good back and probably could of scored more last week if we would of stuck with the run in the red zone. The other backs we have look like they'll be good too and I reallly hope we see McCall this weekend. I don't know if it'll be enough to win...but I'll be rooting my a$$ off. One question bchildsstoner! Will you come on to this board after the game to eat your crow if we cover your 40 point spread?

OK, I am starting to think that this nutjob is a an alt of a certain site collaborator designed to take the heat off. After reading this, BK's predictions look reasonable

My favorite pizza topping is Baluga caviar and my children were very slow runners so I love participation ribbons.

Fortunately they are all very smart and likely to employ the faster kids who will support them blindly.

Iowas offense has been good at times very good at times and dissapointing at times as well.
The up tempo us a nice wrinkle but its not going to change Iowas world. now if we could find a team unto prepared for the tempo change willing to play a soft prevent like Pitt I think we would be in business.

Our biggest problem has been our defense and their inability to shut anyone down. we need help on defense. It happens. It will get better.

Norms vanilla defense is/ has been one of the most feared defenses in the country. Like most defenses it works best with better players. That's not to say it might not be time for Norm to retire but I will squarely kick in the knee cap anyone who says anything even remotely negative about him or the job He has done here to my face.

Coker is a beast and should continue to be our starter until any of the following happen.....

Another 25 carry per game back emerges.

Battering and wearing down opposing defenses while mivung the chains is no longer desiresble.

Iowa no longer needs to keep opposing offenses off the field.

Someone proves that they can out produce him.

Derp Derp 61-9. Herpty derpty dooooooo!

6f32321f-646c-4adc-9826-8934f9924e73.jpg

Ok, I already know what is going to happen with this thread, so if youre one of the following.. save your time and typing, because youre delusional and I will point it out and make you look ridiculous..

If you support blindly any and all management

If you pay $100 for extra toppings on your pizza

If you are happy with a participation ribbon for all kids, no winners

Just stay away from this thread.

Now, on to my thoughts, 5 days after the WORST LOSS I CAN REMEMBER AS A HAWK..

1) Our offense has looked "pretty good" rarely in this season. When they do, its high tempo, passing mixing in the run. NOT run when they expect it, run when they know its coming, run when they dont even have a CB on the field to defend the pass. Much respect to Coker, he runs hard... but if he is our starter next year, I will be majorly dissapointed. We have backs with better speed who assumably wont have the slippery football problems mr coker had at the beginning of the season. That being said, our coaching staff just wont do it.

2) Our defense has some "slightly skilled" players, nothing special (minus bernstein).. and I was HIIIIIIIIGH on JM's nuts last season. He hasnt impressed me thus far this season. Maybe its positional, probably not. To expect these players to perform up to a level in which they are not capable, as opposed to switching the scheme to better suit them.. It shows me the coaches on the defensive side are not capable.

3) Kirk Ferentz... Listen, I understand that he has coached us to a bcs bowl victory, I understand what he has done, but do YOU understand that the coaching was still remarkably horrible during these good seasons? Can you imagine what we could have done with a MORE DESERVING of 3.8 million dollar coach? There were 4 times I recall in 09 that I just could shake my head and think "Jesus, KF you suck!!"
I know he is some of yours jesus christ and savior, so you dont need to read this, and you dont need to respond, save it. Youre a nutcase.
The point is, for 10 years almost the coaching staff that so many of you praise blindly has been repeatedly making the same mistakes, which costs us games some years, and slid under the radar in the years where we had the talent to overcome poor coaching.

Im not saying every coach in the NCAA is perfect, or that all are better, but you for damn sure dont see saban, miles, spurrier ect making the same poor decisions and game management calls every year, in almost every game. Sure they slip up sometimes, but not often.

4) For the love of god, quit saying that recruiting is to blame. 99% of the time, while it IS to blame, its NOT why youre crying about. Iowa City, believe it or not, is a HUGE party town (yes, for the derp derps on here, I know every college has parties, but not EVERY college is rated as high as Iowa City for party schools) so there IS atmosphere. They get to play on TV damn near every week. We play in a prestigious conference.

Now, here is what you SHOULD be crying about, with respect to recruiting:
The fact that our coaches make it as undesirable as possible. NP doesnt even recruit. Yes, I understand his medical problems, so maybe he should do what is best for the university and call it a day. KF, please, if you listen to ANY advice, listen to this.. Kids want to play where they get to make exciting plays, you know, rewarded for the 5 days of busting their a$$ in practice. You just simply dont allow this. When we get a 3 point lead in the 2nd quarter, you go into run mode. Kids HATE HATE HATE HATE this. The 5* recruits at WR, QB, TE are NOT interested in playing not to lose. They want to win, and they want to win BIG. Get this through your thick, stubborn head. You need to go out this spring and recruit and say "look, Ive made mistakes, but starting this year, we are going to have a more aggressive approach to each and every game, whether it be Ohio State, Nebby or some FCS school" Let them know, you are going to put them in position to look good.

5) I dont expect another win out of this team the remainder of the season. I would LOVE to be wrong, but its not happening. We are getting into the talented portion of our schedule, and sadly, Minnesota was our only chance at making it to a bowl game. We blew that, no... we TYPHOONED that. I still say Michigan 61 Iowa 9.

6) Next year is going to be worse than this year, unless this staff is shaken up, mixed up, and for the most part, relieved of duty. If you want a winning team Kirk, then put the best players out there. That means the seniors who arent as good as some of the Fr, So, Jr.. well, they can cheerlead and mentor the younger players. I dont give a damn about their feelings. And you of all people, should be the LAST one to care. You are paid to win. Not paid to put a team out on the field for participation ribbons every saturday.

At the bolded part is where I stopped reading because this was not the worst Hawk loss in even recent memory. 2007 at home against Western Michigan was much worse than this. You are wrong but go right ahead with your ramblings you trolling idiot.

OK, I am starting to think that this nutjob is a an alt of a certain site collaborator designed to take the heat off. After reading this, BK's predictions look reasonable

I agree, there's only one person on here that is equally clueless as the OP.

Ok, I already know what is going to happen with this thread, so if youre one of the following.. save your time and typing, because youre delusional and I will point it out and make you look ridiculous..

If you support blindly any and all management

If you pay $100 for extra toppings on your pizza

If you are happy with a participation ribbon for all kids, no winners

Just stay away from this thread.

Now, on to my thoughts, 5 days after the WORST LOSS I CAN REMEMBER AS A HAWK..

1) Our offense has looked "pretty good" rarely in this season. When they do, its high tempo, passing mixing in the run. NOT run when they expect it, run when they know its coming, run when they dont even have a CB on the field to defend the pass. Much respect to Coker, he runs hard... but if he is our starter next year, I will be majorly dissapointed. We have backs with better speed who assumably wont have the slippery football problems mr coker had at the beginning of the season. That being said, our coaching staff just wont do it.

2) Our defense has some "slightly skilled" players, nothing special (minus bernstein).. and I was HIIIIIIIIGH on JM's nuts last season. He hasnt impressed me thus far this season. Maybe its positional, probably not. To expect these players to perform up to a level in which they are not capable, as opposed to switching the scheme to better suit them.. It shows me the coaches on the defensive side are not capable.

3) Kirk Ferentz... Listen, I understand that he has coached us to a bcs bowl victory, I understand what he has done, but do YOU understand that the coaching was still remarkably horrible during these good seasons? Can you imagine what we could have done with a MORE DESERVING of 3.8 million dollar coach? There were 4 times I recall in 09 that I just could shake my head and think "Jesus, KF you suck!!"
I know he is some of yours jesus christ and savior, so you dont need to read this, and you dont need to respond, save it. Youre a nutcase.
The point is, for 10 years almost the coaching staff that so many of you praise blindly has been repeatedly making the same mistakes, which costs us games some years, and slid under the radar in the years where we had the talent to overcome poor coaching.

Im not saying every coach in the NCAA is perfect, or that all are better, but you for damn sure dont see saban, miles, spurrier ect making the same poor decisions and game management calls every year, in almost every game. Sure they slip up sometimes, but not often.

4) For the love of god, quit saying that recruiting is to blame. 99% of the time, while it IS to blame, its NOT why youre crying about. Iowa City, believe it or not, is a HUGE party town (yes, for the derp derps on here, I know every college has parties, but not EVERY college is rated as high as Iowa City for party schools) so there IS atmosphere. They get to play on TV damn near every week. We play in a prestigious conference.

Now, here is what you SHOULD be crying about, with respect to recruiting:
The fact that our coaches make it as undesirable as possible. NP doesnt even recruit. Yes, I understand his medical problems, so maybe he should do what is best for the university and call it a day. KF, please, if you listen to ANY advice, listen to this.. Kids want to play where they get to make exciting plays, you know, rewarded for the 5 days of busting their a$$ in practice. You just simply dont allow this. When we get a 3 point lead in the 2nd quarter, you go into run mode. Kids HATE HATE HATE HATE this. The 5* recruits at WR, QB, TE are NOT interested in playing not to lose. They want to win, and they want to win BIG. Get this through your thick, stubborn head. You need to go out this spring and recruit and say "look, Ive made mistakes, but starting this year, we are going to have a more aggressive approach to each and every game, whether it be Ohio State, Nebby or some FCS school" Let them know, you are going to put them in position to look good.

5) I dont expect another win out of this team the remainder of the season. I would LOVE to be wrong, but its not happening. We are getting into the talented portion of our schedule, and sadly, Minnesota was our only chance at making it to a bowl game. We blew that, no... we TYPHOONED that. I still say Michigan 61 Iowa 9.

6) Next year is going to be worse than this year, unless this staff is shaken up, mixed up, and for the most part, relieved of duty. If you want a winning team Kirk, then put the best players out there. That means the seniors who arent as good as some of the Fr, So, Jr.. well, they can cheerlead and mentor the younger players. I dont give a damn about their feelings. And you of all people, should be the LAST one to care. You are paid to win. Not paid to put a team out on the field for participation ribbons every saturday.

captaininsano_52642.jpg

Have you watched any LSU games over the past 5 years? Les Miles might actually top Ferentz when it comes to terrible in-game management. Les Miles can get away with it the majority of the time however because he has a cupboard full of 5* athletes, where as Ferentz is working with 2* and 3* guys. And what has Spurrier done in the last 10 years anyway?

Probably the worst post I've seen in about 2 years.
There is nothing in the OP's rambling incoherent tripe that a rational person would agree with

Marcus Coker leads the Big Ten in rushing.........Good Lord

Amen and bless you for seeing the truth. I could add even more but I just want what you said to sink into the people that for some reason think its ok to under achieve and be mediocre.

Ok, I already know what is going to happen with this thread, so if youre one of the following.. save your time and typing, because youre delusional and I will point it out and make you look ridiculous.. If you support blindly any and all management If you pay $100 for extra toppings on your pizza If you are happy with a participation ribbon for all kids, no winners Just stay away from this thread. Now, on to my thoughts, 5 days after the WORST LOSS I CAN REMEMBER AS A HAWK.. 1) Our offense has looked

wow, usually after taking some time to calm down people step away from the ledge. you took those five days and decided to jump off it. 61-9? lol.

oh shoot sorry, i wasn't supposed to respond. 61-9, lol

Latest posts