Be Prepared: Sunday could get ugly for Hawkeye Hoops

It definitely will not be pretty on Sunday, but I'm hanging in there anyway. I still firmly believe Fran will get it done. Go Hawks!!!

Please win against Minnesota, I hate that place.

And who names their team the "Golden Gophers"? Stupid stupid stupid.

Iowa was 23 -13 vs Big Ten teams the last two years of SA...in the 3.5 years since then Iowa has been 14-47 vs Big Ten teams,so I hardly think that we have better off since SA left.

As for Sundays game, I actually think we might match up better vs Minny than NW.
Shurna was a guy we had no matchup for,as he likes the arc,and plays the 4. Cole could not get out there on him. Crawford,thompson,marcotullio and Cobb are snipers from the arc,where Iowa has struggled.

Minny on the other hand,has lost Joseph,and that leaves only Hoffarber as a true 3 pt shooting threat. Now, he is good,and I think that Fran has to either go box and one,or just tell Eric May to stick to him like glue. Nolen is not a sharpshooter,and the other two guards are true frosh who are athletes without great shooting touch. Rod Williams is not a three point guy either.
Inside,Mabkwe is a beast,and will be out toughest matchup. I would go with Jarryd on him,with Mel/brommer taking on Sampson/iverson. Gatens needs to stick with Williams,and Bryce on nolen.
Hawks need to pack it in,cept for Hoffarber,and make the rest try to shoot us out of the game....and rebound their butts off,which is another huge area of concern.

Gut feeling is that the Hawks will give a better account of themselves than on Wednesday,unless the Gophs gets shooting excellence from guys who do not shoot well,normally.

Latest posts