BCS Breakdown

Looks like we have a real chance to be a contender if we keep on winning. I am just glad that we are ranked as high as we are this early. I'm loving those computers... but if I remember correctly we weren't so fond of them in 2002.

Looks like we have a real chance to be a contender if we keep on winning. I am just glad that we are ranked as high as we are this early. I'm loving those computers... but if I remember correctly we weren't so fond of them in 2002.
Of course, the computers had a bigger influence in 2002 than the coaches' and AP polls (the Harris poll wasn't created until after the AP pulled out a few years ago). Now, the two polls have a 1/3 influence each, and the computers' average count for 1/3. This time around, the computers are propping us up, but then maybe once the voters see how the computers like us, they'll start voting us up, too.

Did anyone see that DB Jesse Palmer bashing Iowa on CFB today? Some people latch on the the UNI and ASU games. Who cares what the score was? A win is a win and hopefully we can continue to take care of business and this clown will, in essence, stop calling us over rated

Even if we were to win out I do not think we would go to the NC. The NC is going to be UF or Bama vs Texas or USC. Now I know USC has lost a game but if they win out they have a shot. So if we win out or even lose one (OUS or MSU) were probably going to the ROSE BOWL.

Not only would Iowa have to win out, but Texas, Bama & or Florida would need to lose .

Iowa can get to the NC, but they will need to first take care of thier own business and second, depend on a little help that one of these three (or all three) teams get beat.

I think Alabama and Florida play each other soon. That would mean one of them will lose. I am going to pay attention to Texas and hope they lose at least one game. And I am going to keep hoping, wishing, praying for an Iowa win this Saturday. And then I am going to do that for the remaining 4 Saturdays. I will be at the remaining home games hopefully willing the Hawks on to victory.

I think Alabama and Florida play each other soon. That would mean one of them will lose. I am going to pay attention to Texas and hope they lose at least one game. And I am going to keep hoping, wishing, praying for an Iowa win this Saturday. And then I am going to do that for the remaining 4 Saturdays. I will be at the remaining home games hopefully willing the Hawks on to victory.
Alabama and Florida would play in the SEC Championship, so there's a guaranteed loss between them. Alabama has to play Tennessee and LSU at home, at Mississippi State, Chattanooga at home, and then at Auburn for the Iron Bowl game before talking about the SEC title game. LSU and Auburn are the most "lose-able" in that stretch.

Florida also goes to Mississippi State, has Georgia in the Cocktail Party, hosts Vandy, goes to South Carolina, and then hosts Florida International and Florida State. Anything can happen with these games.

Texas, meanwhile, goes to Missouri and Oklahoma State, hosts Central Florida, goes to Baylor, hosts Kansas and goes to A&M on Thanksgiving night. Plenty of pitfalls in there.

It's not definate that two of those three teams will win out. I do think 'Bama can lose to LSU, Florida might lose to FSU or Georgia (or both), and Texas could lose to Oky State and A&M.

USC could still slide into the BCSNC, but they still have to face Oregon. Boise doesn't have the SoS. Cincy might get in, but Iowa, if they win out, could have the best shot if the big three all lose once or twice.

Latest posts