BCS Anchor Sites

I hope campus sites for semi-finals wins out, but I bet it won't. However, if bowl sites are used for the semis, then the NC game better be bid out to neutral sites so northern cities like Indianapolis and others can host the game so Big Ten teams can finally play closer to home instead of the SEC's back yard all the time.

Like this one too.

I just dont understand why the higher seeded team doesn't just get a h ome field advantage and then keep a championship game with the BCS.

I just dont understand why the higher seeded team doesn't just get a h ome field advantage and then keep a championship game with the BCS.

Because the SEC would have a **** fit playing a game on NYD in Iowa City. :D

They really need to find a way to keep the bowls involved or the bowl system will collapse. You are talking about big time money not just for the schools & conferences but for the cities that host these games.

They really need to find a way to keep the bowls involved or the bowl system will collapse. You are talking about big time money not just for the schools & conferences but for the cities that host these games.

It isn't really "Big time money" for the schools, the majority of them end up paying more money than they get for playing in the bowl. Its big money for the cities I guess, but bigger money for the suits that are in charge, of the BCS, the conferences, the bowls, etc., but not the schools.

It isn't really "Big time money" for the schools, the majority of them end up paying more money than they get for playing in the bowl. Its big money for the cities I guess, but bigger money for the suits that are in charge, of the BCS, the conferences, the bowls, etc., but not the schools.

This is exactly correct and why I no longer care if the bowl system is severly crippled by this. There is so much greed and corruption by the bowls that it is sickening. These CEO's make $800,000+ while LSU forks over $500,000 just to send their band to play at halftime in the NCG. It's not a money maker for teams/conferences at all.

Read this from Dan Wetzel. It provides another vision for the playoff and some of the bogus reasons why campus sites supposedly can't work.

College football's potential four-team playoff isn't perfect, but it's a start - Yahoo! Sports

Latest posts