Basketball seats covered up

moebar

I noticed that there were several sections of seats covered so fans could not use them...any idea why ?

Those sections are directly behind the student sections. They don't sell (cover) those seats so people don't get tickets in that section, have the students in front of them standing all the time, then ***** about not being able to see.

Nothing more than that.

Those sections are directly behind the student sections. They don't sell (cover) those seats so people don't get tickets in that section, have the students in front of them standing all the time, then ***** about not being able to see.

Nothing more than that.

Given the student's rather dismal showing currently (sans ISU), I wouldn't think that would be much of an issue? :eek:

That section is where the wall is to be constructed. So it might be that there is actually some work being done to prepare that area for the construction.

LOL. The caveat for the students not getting better seats was that they got a wall built behind their section to make it "stand out."

It's just so that there aren't fans who get stuck behind the students during games. Those seats have been covered like that since my freshman year (2008).

god forbid someone would have to stand and show emotion at a men's baketball game. I feel like I could yell things down to fran during the middle of the game.

This is likely the issue though. People get upset about not being able to sit down and see the games..so they sell those last..

Those seats have at least been covered up at least since the 05-06 season when Alford was coaching. This is ollllllllllld news fellas.

They started doing it at the start of Alford's first year. They moved the student section over a bit and created the "Hawks Nest" and had the seats covered between the student seats and regular seats when there are both students and regulars in the same section.

does anyone have and "proposed design" pictures of the inside of carver. I have seen what the outside is suppose to look like but not the inside. I'm curious to how the wall is going to look

Doug... is that not the most F'd up seating chart? I mean... no wonder the attendance is down. I remember when I could show up at Carver even back in the day and buy a ticket close to the front. So... from reading this attachment... I understand that if you are from out of state and want to attend a Hawkeye game you have to scalp a ticket or get the top of the bowl regardless of cash you are willing to pay the ticket office? Is this correct?
The student section? Well, this is old news, but dang... do old people have to hate them this bad to stick them under the hoop to hide them? Look at the great teams in the nation... they are NOT beating down there students.
It deeply upsets me to know what Iowa is doing here... the students should be getting the best tickets... ok, at least on one side opposite the game camera. Let the middle aged to old farts sit on the other side where they can enjoy sitting quietly and not having to stand up for game situations.
What does UNI do? Iowa State? Are they doing the same thing?

Doug... is that not the most F'd up seating chart? I mean... no wonder the attendance is down. I remember when I could show up at Carver even back in the day and buy a ticket close to the front. So... from reading this attachment... I understand that if you are from out of state and want to attend a Hawkeye game you have to scalp a ticket or get the top of the bowl regardless of cash you are willing to pay the ticket office? Is this correct?
The student section? Well, this is old news, but dang... do old people have to hate them this bad to stick them under the hoop to hide them? Look at the great teams in the nation... they are NOT beating down there students.
It deeply upsets me to know what Iowa is doing here... the students should be getting the best tickets... ok, at least on one side opposite the game camera. Let the middle aged to old farts sit on the other side where they can enjoy sitting quietly and not having to stand up for game situations.

If we were riding a Lute-era high right now as far as program success, then the students might have been moved in a re-seating. However, student attendance is pi*s-poor (that's putting it lightly) now, and it would look embarrassing to have them on TV (or rather, not have them on TV).

When single game tickets go on sale, you'll still have access to the "good" seats if they are not filled up with season ticket holders.
Just like at Kinnick. When single game tickets go on sale (none did this year), you could get 50 yard line seats for most games.

There isn't going to be a demand for basketball season tickets next year. I know 4 families who currently sit in the lower part of section AA who are not renewing their seats. I don't blame them, either. I would not pay $2400 in donations just to have the rights to purchase those seats! That is ridiculous. Unlike football, Iowa basketball isn't exactly a "must see" thing.

But my point is, you will still have access to nice seats when single games go on sale. It might be row 35+

Last year student attendance was bad, but by all means this year has been a MAJOR improvement so far. By the end of this year you guys will not be whining about the student section as much as you have been.

Last year student attendance was bad, but by all means this year has been a MAJOR improvement so far. By the end of this year you guys will not be whining about the student section as much as you have been.
Iowa basketball is also 10000000X more exciting this year than last year.
Last year was about as bad as it can get.

Also, nobody is really whining about the students. However, it is sad when tickets are free and there are only a couple hundred in attendance.
I realize this time of the year is stressful for students....finals and a lot go home. So I won't judge the student section until after the winter break.

Latest posts