Basketball recruites

Iowa doesn't have any commits for 2011 yet, but I think it is probable that Iowa will bring in a multi-skilled forward based on who they are recruiting. I would have liked to see them recruit a point guard, but I guess that is not a point of concern at the moment for this Hawkeye staff. Dont get me wrong, I think Cully is a good point guard, but he needs some help.

They desperately need one of two players:
1. a very very good point guard
2. a very very good big man 6 10 or taller

Well, I don't think that the are pursuing any good point guards in the 2011 class, and only one big man (Zeller) is close to 6-10. The other forwards that they are looking at are between 6-6 and 6-8.

Well, I don't think that the are pursuing any good point guards in the 2011 class, and only one big man (Zeller) is close to 6-10. The other forwards that they are looking at are between 6-6 and 6-8.

I don't follow recruiting like some people but if thats true I'm going to have to guess that Lickliter is mentally retarded. He need another ball handler and a true big man more than anything.

I don't follow recruiting like some people but if thats true I'm going to have to guess that Lickliter is mentally retarded. He need another ball handler and a true big man more than anything.

I'm in the same boat as far as keeping up with recruiting. If there really isn't a PG on their radar, it really makes me wonder if it isn't an ulterior attempt by Todd to "arrange" more playing time for John.

I'm in the same boat as far as keeping up with recruiting. If there really isn't a PG on their radar, it really makes me wonder if it isn't an ulterior attempt by Todd to "arrange" more playing time for John.

I would think that to but is his son getting some pt worth the millions hes going to loss.

I would think that to but is his son getting some pt worth the millions hes going to loss.

I grant you, it certainly doesn't make sense, but then again neither did comments Lickliter made about John's playing time last week.

We (potentially) have two events that make no sense (1. John's PT & 2. No prospects for a 2011 PG Recruit) I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the end game here. What's the angle?

When Woodward and Berstein were trying to put together the pieces of the Watergate scandal, Deepthroat told them to "follow the money".

I'm not sure what "the money" is in this case. So far the only thing that seems to make the most sense is playing time for John.

I grant you, it certainly doesn't make sense, but then again neither did comments Lickliter made about John's playing time last week.

We (potentially) have two events that make no sense (1. John's PT & 2. No prospects for a 2011 PG Recruit) I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the end game here. What's the angle?

When Woodward and Berstein were trying to put together the pieces of the Watergate scandal, Deepthroat told them to "follow the money".

I'm not sure what "the money" is in this case. So far the only thing that seems to make the most sense is playing time for John.

There is nothing to make sense of here.

There is no system. If there was, we would have seen it by now.

There is no desire for a 2011 point guard recruit. If there was, we would have recruited one.

There is no conspiracy, just incompetence. Lickliter is in over his head, and so is Barta.

It's really a shame that we have to put up with folks like you. What makes you such an expert? Why do you think it is ok to call Coach a disgusting name like that? When you are finally released from the institution where you reside, you really should work on your "people skills".

Seriously, I think I just found your identity...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Rahm Emanuel

rahm_emanuel_2.jpg

I really don't think we need another center. Cougill, Archie and Brommer are all guys who can play the 5, and Larson will be too. There aren't really that many big guys that contribute that much in college ball anymore. We definitely need a point, but I really hope we don't wait until 2011 to get one.

I really don't think we need another center. Cougill, Archie and Brommer are all guys who can play the 5, and Larson will be too. There aren't really that many big guys that contribute that much in college ball anymore. We definitely need a point, but I really hope we don't wait until 2011 to get one.

Look at that list - we really need a center.

Isnt larson more of a 4 instead of a center? I dont know for sure but i think thats right. If thats true then we definitely need a big guy who can board

Ben Brust is going to be the starting PG as a true frosh with Cully Payne as the backup as a true sophomore. Tucker would then be the 3rd string PG if needed because of injury. Seems to me we need some wing players with athleticism more than we need another PG

Ben will not be the starting PG. Cully will be for the next 3 years. Cully is a SOLID player.

Ben will help out I'm sure at the 1, but his natural spot is playing the 2.

Ben will not be the starting PG. Cully will be for the next 3 years. Cully is a SOLID player.

Ben will help out I'm sure at the 1, but his natural spot is playing the 2.

Cully is a big ten backup imo. If Brust is as good as advertised he should play the 1 so we can get the best possible 5 on the floor

any word if we are ever going to scour the JUCO ranks for a player. Seems like a no brainer especially since we are so young

Ben is a 2 guard not a PG

We might be hurting in the 2011 class, we have no early commitments (we usually always have them) and of those we recruit who is really going to want to come here?

Even as die-hard of a fan I have been my whole life I wouldn't want to go to Iowa. Growing up there would be no other college I would even look at if I were a DI prospect.

Ben Brust is going to be the starting PG as a true frosh with Cully Payne as the backup as a true sophomore. Tucker would then be the 3rd string PG if needed because of injury. Seems to me we need some wing players with athleticism more than we need another PG

So for the 4th year in a row our starting PG will be a Freshmen?

Great... bring on the youth excuse...... again.

Don't look now, but Iowa is still recruiting the 2010 class for a point guard. I hear there are three that they are looking at, but they are just trying to figure out how to open up a scholly.

Ben is a 2 guard not a PG

We might be hurting in the 2011 class, we have no early commitments (we usually always have them) and of those we recruit who is really going to want to come here?

Even as die-hard of a fan I have been my whole life I wouldn't want to go to Iowa. Growing up there would be no other college I would even look at if I were a DI prospect.

Ok - thanks. I was under the impression that he was a PG

In that case i retract my earlier statement - we need a PG!

Latest posts