Basketball Polls

Hawkfnntn

Is there a bigger waste of internet ink right now then trying to rank the teams? Holy crap I'm not sure I remember a time where in the first month or so the #1 ranked team had been knocked off 4 or 5 times or whatever it's been already. It's no different the further down the line you go. Anybody can beat anybody it looks like. When DePaul mopped the floor with us it took everything I had to try and not bury us and say forget worrying about paying attention to this season. But shoot we've had some pretty good outings since and as of today we could finish in the top 5 in the league or bottom 5 just as easily. If nothing else it'll be a fun up and down season. But to heck with trying to predict any of it. The only bigger waste of internet ink I can think of would be trying to predict out the NCAA tourney seeding last four/first four stuff...

Is there a bigger waste of internet ink right now then trying to rank the teams? Holy crap I'm not sure I remember a time where in the first month or so the #1 ranked team had been knocked off 4 or 5 times or whatever it's been already. It's no different the further down the line you go. Anybody can beat anybody it looks like. When DePaul mopped the floor with us it took everything I had to try and not bury us and say forget worrying about paying attention to this season. But shoot we've had some pretty good outings since and as of today we could finish in the top 5 in the league or bottom 5 just as easily. If nothing else it'll be a fun up and down season. But to heck with trying to predict any of it. The only bigger waste of internet ink I can think of would be trying to predict out the NCAA tourney seeding last four/first four stuff...

Yeah but the bracketology bullshit gets a ton of clicks....and keeps Lunardi employed. Its a joke of a job, but I'm guilty of falling for it every week when Iowa's in contention.

Yeah but the bracketology bullshit gets a ton of clicks....and keeps Lunardi employed. Its a joke of a job, but I'm guilty of falling for it every week when Iowa's in contention.
Yeah that it does.. It seemed like they used to wait till the middle of Feb to try mapping that out. Now he's doing it like every week. Why there's a thirst for that is beyond me but to each their own I suppose. Even with Iowa on the fence I want to get to the back half of the BIG schedule to start worrying about that

Yeah that it does.. It seemed like they used to wait till the middle of Feb to try mapping that out. Now he's doing it like every week. Why there's a thirst for that is beyond me but to each their own I suppose. Even with Iowa on the fence I want to get to the back half of the BIG schedule to start worrying about that

I swear Lunardi used to update it like once every other week and then ramp it up in late Feb/March. This season its only December 12th and he's already released TWELVE F**KING BRACKETS. Including 7 different brackets before the season even started.

We have doomed ourselves to clickbait....and we deserve it. we did it to ourselves

I swear Lunardi used to update it like once every other week and then ramp it up in late Feb/March. This season its only December 12th and he's already released TWELVE F**KING BRACKETS. Including 7 different brackets before the season even started.

We have doomed ourselves to clickbait....and we deserve it. we did it to ourselves
That we have. Along with all the fantasy football & gambling and all that sort of stuff they are inundating us with. Programing has changed quite a bit the last few years.

It is just marketing, making unimportant trivia a profit center. Don't get me wrong, I love to see Iowa ranked early and often, so I buy into it.

Latest posts