Basketball Banquet Awards.....

WTF are you talking about, sunshine.....

Why are you talking about texas and vcu. Remember Mel went to Iowa and some people appreciate what he has done for the team, despite much less playing time than he should have received.....

There are quite a few real Hawkeye Fans who realize what Mel did for the team, and are grateful he followed Fran to Iowa.....

Since Hawkeye sports are so painful for you, please stop watching them and do everyone a favor by not posting your rambling nonsense, sport.....

So now in order to be a "real hawkeye fan", we have to look back on Mel with rose colored glasses? Look Jack, I am not going to hate on Mel, but facts are facts. He went to Iowa because it was his best offer over some CAA and MAAC teams. While at Iowa, he had a solid, but far from spectacular career. His only conference honors were an honorable mention in 2011, when he made the freshman team. The past three years, he never remotely approached the numbers he achieved his frosh season.

If the career of Melsahn Basabe teaches me anything, it is to regret how we wasted the career or Jarryd Cole. Mel was NEVER the same after Cole left.

Again, solid enough player, but not some transcendent guy who swooped in and save the program, so he doesn't really deserve a career achievement award at the banquet. Marble, however, was that guy, and he was sufficiently honored. And if you're going to shower Mel with love for sticking with Fran, where's the love for Dev sticking with Iowa?

Per Iowa Basketball Twitter:

Newcomer of the year: Jarrod Utoff

Most Improved: Josh Oglesby

Defensive Player: Adam Woodbury

Best Rebounder: Aaron White(Third year in a row)

Academic Award: Mike Gesell

Appreciation Award: Darius Stokes

Co-Top Playmaker: Mike Gesell

Co-Top Playmaker: Devyn Marble

Chris Street Award: Devyn Marble
Josh o the most improved.................................

Idk if i'd even want the appreciation award. Wooohoooooooò!!

So now in order to be a "real hawkeye fan", we have to look back on Mel with rose colored glasses? Look Jack, I am not going to hate on Mel, but facts are facts. He went to Iowa because it was his best offer over some CAA and MAAC teams. While at Iowa, he had a solid, but far from spectacular career. His only conference honors were an honorable mention in 2011, when he made the freshman team. The past three years, he never remotely approached the numbers he achieved his frosh season.

If the career of Melsahn Basabe teaches me anything, it is to regret how we wasted the career or Jarryd Cole. Mel was NEVER the same after Cole left.

Again, solid enough player, but not some transcendent guy who swooped in and save the program, so he doesn't really deserve a career achievement award at the banquet. Marble, however, was that guy, and he was sufficiently honored. And if you're going to shower Mel with love for sticking with Fran, where's the love for Dev sticking with Iowa?

Where are you coming from, T, I agreed with your former post and Never said he should be honored at the Banquet. I merely appreciate the time he spent playing with the Hawks. His freshman year was his best, had the sophomore jitters like other Hawks recently, and was instrumental in many big games we won his last two years. When he was playing, our inside D was better. I don't know why he didn't get more playing time.....

Don't come down on someone who agrees with you and please pay attention to what that someone has posted. I Never said he deserved an award at the Banquet. I did say that Olaseni perhaps should have also received an award for most improved player along with Uthoff.....

And FYI, I have always appreciated Devyn, and observed his play in the PTL before his freshman year that he reminded me of Jake Kelley and would be a solid player for the Hawks. What would make you think I didn't appreciate what Devyn brought to the team. Are you a mindreader? Please don't tell me which Hawkeye basketball players I have to honor.....

Ciao

:rolleyes:

WTF are you talking about, sunshine.....

Why are you talking about texas and vcu. Remember Mel went to Iowa and some people appreciate what he has done for the team, despite much less playing time than he should have received.....

There are quite a few real Hawkeye Fans who realize what Mel did for the team, and are grateful he followed Fran to Iowa.....

Since Hawkeye sports are so painful for you, please stop watching them and do everyone a favor by not posting your rambling nonsense, sport.....

Whar d*mn "like" button?

Latest posts