Basabe betrayal

SteveGarvey

Just sayin'. If Brust betrayed Iowa then Basabe betrayed Siena.

Course, everyone here will just have glowing things to say about Basabe and his "betrayal" won't even be mentioned.

No one is really betraying anyone. Players commit to a school because of the coaches, not the University. If the coach leaves they are justified in wanting to look around. End of story

Course, everyone here will just have glowing things to say about Basabe and his "betrayal" won't even be mentioned.
I believe neither betrayed, nor did Larson. They all had clauses in their LOI's that if the coach left they have the option to leave. Basabe even honored the fact in his LOI that Siena gets the chance to pursuade them with there new coach.

Everyone gets pi$$ed when they're the "jilted lover"...it's human nature. I guess it's also human nature to point out the double standard every time it happens as well...

Why even throw the obvious out there? There's enough crap still going on without adding to it by uniformed and juvenille statements; why throw insinuations at the fanbase, which by and large, would appear to be more knowledgable about coaching changes than the OP; just let it alone.

I do have the personal opinion that these kids should be choosing the school, not the coach! I know that it is not the case anywhere, and another poster is correct it is a double standard.

Basabe is a great pickup for Iowa

Brust will be a great pickup for another school.

I will admit that I wear the black and gold sunglasses quite a bit.

I do have the personal opinion that these kids should be choosing the school, not the coach! I know that it is not the case anywhere, and another poster is correct it is a double standard.

Basabe is a great pickup for Iowa

Brust will be a great pickup for another school.

I will admit that I wear the black and gold sunglasses quite a bit.
I think the only time a kid commits to the school is if its Duke, UNC, USC(football) where they know no matter what happens to the coach, they are going to be good its tradition. Iowa had tradition but no longer has it at least recently which recruits could care less about a final four appearance in 1980 they werent even born.

Of course it's a double standard. Nobody wants a player to decommit from their school and we welcome decommited kids with open arms. Do I feel good about Ben and Cody decommiting...uh...no. If they end up going somewhere else, I will not wish them ill but I won't pull for them either. If they recommit to Iowa...they are the best kids ever. That's the way it is and I'm good with it.

Of course it's a double standard. Nobody wants a player to decommit from their school and we welcome decommited kids with open arms. Do I feel good about Ben and Cody decommiting...uh...no. If they end up going somewhere else, I will not wish them ill but I won't pull for them either. If they recommit to Iowa...they are the best kids ever. That's the way it is and I'm good with it.
Agreed, and even if people arent good with it, its still going to happen, decommits arent going to say "Oh sorry I hurt your feelings lonely guy on a message board, I'll recommit then tuck you in at night."

Why even throw the obvious out there? There's enough crap still going on without adding to it by uniformed and juvenille statements; why throw insinuations at the fanbase, which by and large, would appear to be more knowledgable about coaching changes than the OP; just let it alone.

Because, while obvious, it needs to be said. People get so heated up when someone dares leave Iowa but when someone else leaves a school to come to Iowa (hopefully in this case) nobody seems to have a problem with it. Sometimes the obvious can be used to help people take a look at themselves and make them think before making ridiculous posts like "Brust betrayal"

It's this:

transfer from Iowa: The kid must have character issues and/or he's "betraying" us.

Transfer from another school to Iowa: Wow, the kid really made a wise decision to come and help build the Iowa program, Welcome Player X!

Nothing juvenile about pointing out such hypocrisy.

Well Steve it IS hypocrisy but it's also human nature. We have to expect it and we have to accept it.

Careful with your "everyone here". Lumping us all into the same boat is message board madness.

I just think it's amusing how people feel so betrayed when a commit changes his mind. Why would anyone expect the incoming player to be as rabid a Hawkeye fan as the fans themselves? If they were really that into the team, no recruiting would have been necessary. It's not like most hardcore Hawkeye fans took the time to consider following other schools.

It's like begging a girl to go out with you, over and over again for years, until she finally decides she'll grant you a date, and then being completely shocked that she's not ready to marry you right away.

I just think it's amusing how people feel so betrayed when a commit changes his mind. Why would anyone expect the incoming player to be as rabid a Hawkeye fan as the fans themselves? If they were really that into the team, no recruiting would have been necessary. It's not like most hardcore Hawkeye fans took the time to consider following other schools.

It's like begging a girl to go out with you, over and over again for years, until she finally decides she'll grant you a date, and then being completely shocked that she's not ready to marry you right away.

Personal experience?

Honestly, I would hope that even the most rabid of Hawk fans would make sure they enter the best situation for them. And that might not necessarily be Iowa.

Personal experience?

Honestly, I would hope that even the most rabid of Hawk fans would make sure they enter the best situation for them. And that might not necessarily be Iowa.

I've been the jilter and the jiltee on various occasions, but not quite to that extent. It's just funny to me how the most fans of a college sports team just seem to expect that every player who agrees to a scholarship instantly becomes as much of a fan of the team as they are.

Latest posts